Part 6

(Your POV)
Someone's shaking me, trying to wake me up, but I try to ignore it. Damn, I had such a peaceful sleep. Whoever is shaking me, I swear they'll never see daylight again. I try to open my eyes to see who it is, but my eyelids are heavy with sleep. I try to talk, but all I can manage is a groan.
"Hey, Y/N, I need to tell you something, love."
I recognized that adorable accent. It was Newt! What was he doing standing by my hammock late at night? I felt my cheeks burn, and I'm pretty sure they've turned tomato red. I manage flutter my eyes open and there he was, Newt, standing there, with his eyes wide and a smile crept across his face.
"Well good morning Newt. Wait, is it morning?" I say sarcastically.
"Sorry to wake you, love, but I really want to show you something."
"Is this something so important that it can't wait until morning?" I reply, my voice dry and cracked.
"If I show you in the morning, the bloody stars won't be there." He says.
"Okay, if you insist." I crawl out of my hammock, and Newt intertwines his fingers into mine, which made my heart skip a beat. Jeez, I just met the boy last night and suddenly I get a rush of warmth whenever he holds my hand or calls me love.
---
He drags me along, and he takes me into a big empty space, perfect for star gazing. No trees in the way, just a clear, starry, peaceful night.
"Soooo what did you wanna show me?"
I asked. What a stupid question. Well, obviously he was gonna show me the stars.
"Well, I kinda just woke up in the middle of the night and the first thing I saw were the stars. They were beautiful, and they reminded me of you, I guess. Then I got the sudden urge to just hang out with you under the stars, and just talk to you." He said. "I guess I just really like hanging out with you." He mumbled. I blushed. I can't believe someone would actually want to hang out with me. That seemed odd.
"Well, this is wonderful. The stars and hanging out with you and everything, it's fun. But why would you want to hang out with me? I'm weird, and I get all teary-eyed when I see the slicers at work." I blurt out. Newt just shakes his head and puts his arm around me.
"Love, stop focusing on those minor flaws and hear me out. Even when I came up in that box, I've had the most memories from my past life than any other glader. I remember girls, and how I used to go to school with them, even some I had crushes on. But believe me, when I you came up in that box, I knew you would be different. They way your eyes light up when you talk about things you love, the dimples that form on your cheeks when you laugh. See, it's the little things that I pay attention to the most. Other girls, it's all makeup and clothes. I don't give a bloody damn about them. But you're different. And I can actually have a conversation without having you mention makeup or clothes or shopping." Newt laughs, and I laugh with him. That speech really took me by surprise. Maybe it is possible to have a guy that likes me.
"Newt, I can tell that took a lot of courage for you to tell me that. And I'm really glad you did. And I mean really glad. No one has ever said that to me before. I guess I thought that no one bothered to even pay attention to me." I mumbled. I stared at the ground, and fiddled with the hem of my shirt. Newt cupped my face with his hands, and he met my gaze.
"Well now you know that someone does bother to pay attention to you and actually cares about you, and that someone is me." He says. Then he leans in. I don't have the words to describe how I felt. His lips on mine was something that I never thought would ever happen. Then I realized something. I loved Newt. He was the only person I know to care so much about me, and I was grateful to be loved by such an amazing guy. I felt like I was the luckiest girl on earth.
We pulled away, Newt's hands still cupped my face.
"Y/N, I guess it's quite obvious but I love you. I really love you." He said in his sweet accent.
"Newt, I love you too. And I mean it." I reply. He leans in again, and I can feel him smile, and I can't help but smile too. Then we lie down on the grass, and cuddle, while he talks to me about constellations and the stars. We kissed, we talked, we laughed and cuddled. We just stayed there for hours, but I didn't mind. I was with him, and that was all that matters.
--
A/N
Well I'm finished this Imagine :) please tell me what you think and if you want it to be continued feel free to ask :)