17

Two days.

Annie stays with him for two days before the swelling goes down enough that she can cover the bruising with some makeup.  She hugs him tightly and whispers soft encouragements before she goes home to her pup.

Her pup, soon he's going to have his own pup... fuck.

He closes his eyes against the onslaught of tears as a shaky hand cups his belly.

Holy shit he's going to be a dad.

He grabs a hoodie from his bed and tosses it over his sleep rumpled Venom graphic tee.  He slips on some shoes and heads out with his keys tightly gripped in his hand.  He's a ball of anxiety all the way to the nearest planned parenthood.

One look at him and he's carefully pulled aside by one of the nurses once he's registered.

The room is small and he shivers when he's asked to take off his outer layers.

He can't help but think that his alpha should be there with him.

"Oliver right? I'm Dr. Patel, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you doc," he mumbles.

She looks at him, studies him carefully, "what brings you in today?"

"I'm pregnant," he blurts out.

She takes his outburst well.

"I mean," he retracts, "I think I am? I took a test and it was positive."

"Okay," she smiles kindly, "we can run some labs and an ultrasound to confirm."

"Please... that would be... it'd be great."

"Now, Oliver," a pause, "I just want to make sure that you're safe.  That you both are."

His brows furrow in confusion before he remembers the dark bluish bruise on his cheek.  he subconsciously reaches to touch it with his fingertips.

"He didn't," Oliver assures, "my alpha protected me as best he could. It wasn't him."

It's not a lie, though not exactly the truth either.

A moment later and she believes him well enough because he finds himself on the bed ready for his first ultrasound and god this has to be an uncomfortable experience.

But all he can hear is a loud whooshing sound.

"That's your pup's heartbeat," she beams.

"Oh," he breathes in awe.

And he's more dumbstruck when she turns around the screen and he sees... something.

His confusion is palpable as she laughs at his expression, "this right here is your baby."

She motions to the different parts, to the darkness surrounding his baby, and explains how everything is good, perfect even.

"Slightly small, but overall right on track," Dr. Patel says, "congratulations, Oliver, you're about ten weeks pregnant with a healthy baby."

He inhales sharply, "ten weeks."

He's been carrying a whole new life for nearly ten weeks, just over two months.

"Two more weeks and you're in your second trimester.  Take it easy and no more picking fights."

He nods a little numbly and once he's dressed, he can't help but ask for pictures that they already have printed for him.  He stares at the proof of his baby's existence in his hands.  The picture grows blurry as tears spill and decorate the black and grey.  He's so overwhelmed and yet so very happy.