thirty nine.

The first few weeks of having to pretend were the hardest. I'd remind myself to be friendly with Bianca, but not too friendly..don't look too excited for the gym or any time people knew we'd be alone together..look at her just like you'd look at everyone else in a room. But as the days rolled by I found it harder and harder.

It started out small. Little slip ups here and there. I'd stare at her for too long, I'd tune out of conversations when she was around, Id appear stiff and rigid when we'd casually be talking in open space around the house when someone walking in making them feel like they had caught us doing something wrong..it had been nearly a month and I was already going insane.

I needed to be around her, I felt like I was suffocating every second that i had to sit back and act..every second she spent with Bruno planning Nina's late eighteenth birthday.

I was growing more jealous too and not just of Bruno. Things had appeared to be back to normal, just like before so naturally the family became social again. I knew that being in a business world you had to network and get involved so I saw it coming, I figured why not use it to our advantage. We'd try and see each other in empty rooms or coat closets. But it was also an opportunity for Bianca to wander aimlessly away from Bruno, running into fuck boys who seemed to have their life together because of the size of their bank accounts. They'd ask Bianca about the weather or how she was enjoying the party using the time she answered to stare her up and down like a prize to be won. She was young and it wasn't uncommon for women to cheat especially when it was known that Bruno and Bianca were having problems.I felt like everyone wanted what I wanted..like this was some game of take away. But what made it worse was the fact that I couldn't just swoop in and put them into place, I couldn't wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her for them to get the picture that she was taken. To them, she wasn't mine. When ever Id feel at my breaking point for the day I could swear on my life that I was ready to come clean and just take everything public..but then I'd come back to my senses and realize there was just no way for me to say that I was in love with my uncle's wife without losing everything and everyone.

I felt like I was playing a game that would end with nothing but losers.

"I think Nina has been drinking," Bruno whispered into my ear. I immediately straightened up on the island counter I had been slumped over, watching Bianca like a hawk while some handsy French guy told her about his brilliant ideas for a charity to raise money for homeless whales. Whales! I mean seriously what a stupid fucking charity when nearly seventy percent of the earth was covered in fucking water.

I wanted to punch his greasy little face in when he touched her necklace a little too long, lingering on the naked skin under it.

"I wouldn't know..I haven't seen much of any of you tonight," I cough, taking a sip from my glass hoping he hadn't noticed Bianca across the way.

"She nearly fell into the water fountain and her purse reeks of alcohol," Bruno tells me, thankfully staring over in the opposite direction where Nina stood with her friends," Anyway, do you think you can give Bianca a ride home?"

"Me?" I say, trying to hide my excitement. I'd been watching her thinking of all the ways i could get her alone tonight and now I had my answer. I was desperate. I hadn't touched her for nearly two days and I just knew if I went one more Id explode. I was tired of sneaking around the house for quickies and second long make out sessions. It wasn't enough. I wanted all of her, all of the time.

"I brought the coupe," He nods,"All three of us wouldn't fit."

"Yea I can. No problem," I nod, tossing back the burning liquid. My throat felt the sting that my heart always did when I flat out made Bruno look like a fool right to his face.