forty.

"Bruno wants to talk to you once we get back so I'n definitely worrying about time right now," I tell her as if that's what I had actually meant.

"I'm with you right now..I'll give you all the time you need," She whispers.

"We can't risk it," I remind her. I knew if we both lost our heads this secret would ride it's way right out of the dark.

"I don't even care," She tried again, adjusting herself so that she's facing me.

"You don't care about what?"

"I don't care who knows," She speaks animatedly, the smell of her warm perfume filling the air.

"Don't," I shake my head softly,"You know why no one can know right now."

"Time will only make it harder to tell."

"I'll figure it out," I tell her convincingly,"Just let me figure it out."

"You'll figure it out?" She asks me, looking me directly in the eyes.

"I swear on my life..I'll figure it out," I reply quickly, with all the meaning a man such as myself's words can have.

"And if you can't?" She asks me softly, almost afraid of the answer,"What if this can never work? What if I wait and give you time to figure it out and it only makes things worse..what if time passes and it's just not worth it to you anymore.."

"Are these really questions?" I ask with a little aggravation, using my hands to smooth back my hair,"Like, are you seriously saying this as actual real questions?"

She nods, eager of my answer. An answer I could be brain dead and still give because that's how sure it was..that's how burned into my brain it was.

"I would rather be dead," I tell her point blank, leaning over the seats console so that she can see the lips that need to feel hers form these words that feel like nothing but the truth for me.

"If I can't, if this won't work, if time makes shit worse, I would rather be fucking dead," I tell her loudly feeling aggression released through my words but it wasn't because she was questioning me. It was because I was finally close enough to have her and my hormones were taking over.

I reach over the console firmly placing my hands on her hips before using all my strength to bring her over to my side of the car, leaning the seat back as she adjusts herself so that she's straddling my lap. I grab the sides of her face so that she's close to me, giving me all her attention, I grab harder than I had meant to but couldn't control because my words had such meaning..such power they physically took control.I switch on the small car light so she can see me..so she can see the truth in my eyes.

"I love you and I would rather die then lose this..then lose you."

I let go of her face and she simply stares back at me. At first I'm sure I've scared her but then she suddenly pounces forward, tugging at the collar of my shirt before pressing her lips to mine. I've got one hand on the small of her back while the other holds the side of her face to try and keep these wild kisses steady.

These kisses we're sharing are desperate. They're so desperate because our lips want nothing more than to be pressed together as often as possible. They're desperate because we don't know when the next time this will happen is. We don't know when we'll be hot and heavy against each other so we take the moment we're given and we make sure it's a memorable one.

A bra, buttons and zippers are the only barriers we have to worry about right now and it feels so good because even in our enraptured moment we can eventually get past them. Our hands will clumsily tug and pull until they finally fumble past the barriers leaving nothing but us. Raw, naked, us.