It was really worth it

It was the next day. You worked at the shop today as well. The flute in your hand was almost repaired.

Hearing the bell at the door ring you perked your head up to see who it was. To your surprise it was your client Kazuha.

"Kaedehara! You're early, i told you to come after noon, but it isn't even 12 o'clock yet."

"Oh, hello. And Kazuha is okay too," he greeted you.

"Yeah, well, i decided to act more formal today since you're gonna be paying me for my amazing work at your flute!" You exclaimed while shoving the flute practically into his face. Though he didn't seem very convinced judging by the look on his face.

"Awh, come on! I've worked like the whole night on it and that's what i get in return? I'm starting to think about declining this job for you..." You said it way too dramatically to be thinking about it seriously.

"You probably wouldn't even have that much money to pay me the acceptable amount anyway..." Now you started to play with him. You already put your tools away as slow as possible. Seemingly handing him back his half-repaired instrument, you looked at him with the sarcastic face of 'i totally meant everything i just said'.

"You must be kidding me, right?" He chukled.

"After all the time and effort you put into doing this for me... You wouldn't give up that easily, would you?"

"True," you announced with a little playful smile on your face, "but it doesn't mean you can judge it that easily by its looks."

"Okay, okay, i give up. Were you really up all night or did you overdramatize it?"

"Well, i did go to sleep at 4 am, so i maybe dramatized it a little to make you believe that i actually put some time into repairing it. Just a white lie in my opinion."

"Oh, but don't you think that lying in whatever situation is wrong?" Kazuha asked with a teasing smile.

"But don't you think that asking someone to stay up almost all night for this is wrong?" You said, imitating him.

"First of all i didn't ask you to stay up that long, all i wanted was you to repair it. And second, replying to a question with another question was supposed to be rude. Didn't working at this shop prohibit you from acting like this with your clients?"

"Ah! Wha- wait- no-... uh! That's so unnice of you talking to me like that, i'm already thinking about calling my lawyer Yanfei," this conversation was now absolutely ridiculous.

"Okay, do it. But when you come back with her i think i might already be gone." He was having a really good time playing with you that "what-ever-question-you-ask-i-can-reply-with-a-better-question" game.

"Oh, but i think that i'll just take you with me to her." You were sure you got him this time but that didn't last long.

"Really? And how exactly do you plan on doing that?"

"Uh, duh, i'll just drag you there," you said as if it was a matter of fact.

"Yes of course, and you can do it because i'm probably not a trained samurai."

"Exactly what i thought!"

"I'd say you won but unfortunately it's exactly what i am."

"Yeah, i know- Wait, what? You're a samurai? Why didn't i know anything about it?"

"Yes, i indeed am. And you most probably didn't know because we met yesterday."

"Oh..."

You turned back to your work with Kazuha's flute.