Hope it was a good idea

Y/n's POV~

Me and Kazuha walked into the dining room. My dad was already sitting behind the table in his usual place.

"Hey, dad! Didn't see you before." I greeted my dad with a smile. He nodded at me and then turned to look at Kazuha.

"Oh, that's my friend, Kaedehara Kazuha. He payed me for repairing his flute, so his useful." I jokingly said. Of course i wasn't friends with Kazuha only so i could repair his broken things and then get some extra money for that. No, not at all. Dad just loves jokes and seemed that he loved that one as well, since he let out a slight laugh before shaking Kazuha's hand. That was such a wholesome moment, i wish i had a camera with me. I would take a picture of that and then put it on my wall...

I patted a chair next to mine, showing Kazuha to sit there. Taking the hint he sat down. Most of the food was already on the table, the only thing missing was mom. She wasn't gone for long, after just a minute or so she joined us.

---

"So, Kazuha, want to tell us a little about yourself?" Mom asked before taking an another bite of her food.

"Uhh... Well, I'm Kazuha, i guess you already knew it... I came from The Crux, it's a ship. Beidou, the captain, took me in a year or so back..."

"He's a "wandering samurai"," i added, mimicing Kazuha.

"You see, my dear friend Kaedehara here is from Inazuma" i stated with a smug smile. He closed his eyes in irritation, though only i could see it. He still had that smile on, but now it was more like a please-shut-the-f*ck-up smile. It didn't last long since mom was already questioning him about his homeland.

"Oh, what's Inazuma like? I've heard some stories but hearing something from a real Inazuman is something else. Is it true that the whole nation is closed?"

"I- uh- well, yes." I could tell Kazuha was caught off guard.
"Yes it is true. The Shogun controls everything and everyone. Some businesses were even closed because they couldn't get the needed ingredients from other nations."

"Then how and why did you escape?" My dad was not that talkative as mom but he was always there when the conversation got interesting. Exactly like this time.

"...I'm... wanted for stealing my old friend's dying vision..." Kazuha's voice was again sadder and somewhat crackier. Seems like i was right: the crackiness really comes and goes with his emotions.

"...oh, that's so sad, i'm sorry." Mom said before shooting a glare at dad. He quickly made the face that could only mean "how was i supposed to know?". I looked at Kazuha and thought if he would still visit us after this.

"It's okay." He said, taking another bite. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. He's too unpredictable to know for sure.

---

"You sure you won't stay the night?" Mom asked as Kazuha was about to head out. She sounded concerned. For her, every child was worth love and care, so she didn't want Kazuha to live in unhealthy conditions.

"I'm sure. And thanks for the meal again, it was delighting."

"Oh, it was nothing," mom said modestly.

"I'll see you out." I said as i remembered that the shop's door needs to be locked in the inside. Mom waved us goodbye and we headed down the stairs to where we were met in the store.

"Hey, Kazuha...?" I started hesitantly. He turned his head slightly to look at me though he never really faced me.

"Sorry for that one conversation of your friend and... If there's anything i can do just let me know"

He was silent for awhile. Probably thinking about what to say and if he should say anything.

Kazuha closed his eyes, humming in response.
"No need to be sorry, they didn't know. And overall we all must accept the past to move on."

Deep, huh? Well guess who haven't moved on from their past very effectively, their both names start with a K and end with an A.

Though those thoughts i only kept to myself. We reached the shop's door and i opened it for Kazuha. The bell above the door rang, but i have already learned to ignore it.

"See you tomorrow then?" I asked with hope. He was fun to be around.

Kazuha nodded with a small smile. He then walked out of the shop and waved me goodbye. I waved back and locked the door behind him. That's why i even came here in the first place: to lock the door. I didn't want anyone to randomly come to dad's store and steal anything. That would be awful.

So i went back upstairs and to where me and my family lived. Mom greeted me and asked if everything's okay. How motherly of her, concerning when there even isn't anything to be concerned of.

I sat next to dad on the couch. Soon i layed down and rested my head on his shoulder, while streching my legs on the couch, leaving no room for any of us.

Though when mom walked in we still managed to make her just enough room. She fell asleep quickly while me and dad were up untill late night. He woke mom up and together they slowly walked to their room. I went to my room as well but not to go to sleep, no. I went there to pretend sleeping. What i actually did was that i took out a random paper i found in my drawer and started sketching.

I wasn't even sure what exactly was this what i was doing. I ended up with a mini geovishap. It looked really cute, though i don't think they are as cute and harmless as on this drawing. I decided to ignore that fact since i really liked this drawing and put it on my wall. It was kind of diffucult to do because it was pretty dark in my room. But finally i got it on my wall nicely.

It's probably very late already, i should go to sleep as well.

Dad promised me that i'd get more free days since he got the most time-taking things out of his way recently. Said he would have more time to keep the shop now. Tomorrow i'm also off duty so i can hang out with Kazuha... Perfect.

I crawled under the covers and drifted off to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. I know it.

(Pls, i'm so sorry for not updating for like 2 weeks

It's just that school started and all but for your sake i'm sick at home rn and so i have more time to write. I'm not that tired too since i slept like whenever i wanted so i can stay up at 3 am to publish this little chapter.

Just wish me luck on writing this book more often

Thank you <3)