To Inazuma we go!

I felt someone sitting to the ground on my left side and something heavy being placed onto my shoulder soon after. I didn't know who it was, nor did i care.

Their head was heavy but it felt nice to have someone close to me. I heard their steady breathing like a reassuring rhytm.

"I'm sorry," they said.

Cracky... Wait, Kazuha?!

I opened my eyes to look at his, filled with saddness.

"I'm sorry, Y/n, that i scared you and didn't controll myself enough to not hurt the thief too much."

I was silent. Should i forgive him? He did seem sincere, i mean i could forgive...

For my final answere i looked at his crimson eyes. It made me awfully sad to see Kazuha so down.

"Thank you." I decided to accept the apology.

We sat there for good 10 minutes without saying anything. I thought back to what he had said but something seemed off. I was definitely going to ask Kazuha about it. Maybe after one more peacful minute.

When i felt ready enough to talk i asked him:
"...Kazuha, you said you didn't have enough controll to not hurt the thief too much. Does this mean you wanted to hurt him just enough?"

"To be honest, i wanted to see... maybe he had that what it takes to light up the vision. Sometimes a situation in which the person is scared, their potential shows the most. But seemes it wasn't the case."

I nodded now understanding.

Seems like Kazu is up to anything just to find someone who could use his friends vision.

---
The next day-

"Next stop: Inazuma!" Beidou yelled for everyone on the ship to hear.

Today was the day. The day we would go to Inazuma. Oh how excited i was!

"Kazuha! Can you believe it? We're actually going there!" I cheered, looking at Kazuha by my side.

"Yes, i do believe it."

"Huh? Kazu, what happened? You kind of don't seem like yourself today," i asked worried. His voice didn't hold the usual carefree vibe. It sounded way heavier, like he had some buried regrets to bear.

"It's nothing, really"

Something was definitely off. I could sense that.

"As you wish," i sighed. If he didn't feel like talking to me about whatever it was that bothered him, then i shouldn't press him to. That just wouldn't be nice of me.

---
~Kaedehara Kazuha's POV~

I would have never thought that going back to my homeland would be so diffucult for me.

Even with Tomo's death aside there's still Aether. And he wants to meet the Raiden Shogun... Just like Tomo. The only difference is the reason why they want to see the Raiden Shogun.

But what if Aether is going right to death like Tomo did? This was the question me myself couldn't find an answer. How unfortunate.

And now that Tomo's dead... If I'll be caught wandering around in Inazuma i will not be much more alive than Tomo. I hope i at least won't drag anyone else into this mess. I hope that the burden i carry won't affect Y/n and her dream to become an artist will come true.

Please, Archons, if you have a heart, give us just a little bit of luck on this journey.

---
~Y/n's POV~