Tea times are interesting

Dear mom and dad!

I know i haven't written you since leaving (don't worry, i'm perfectly fine) so i thought i'd do it now! Kazuha and i want to go to an island called Watatsumi. He said he knows the priestess and that it's pretty and we (more like he) would be safe there.

The fun part is that we don't just sail to Watatsumi (like normal people would) but we wave-ride (no idea if that's how it's supposed to be written) there, then walk and then i don't even know what. Maybe wave-ride again? I'll probably find out soon because the walking part is already over.

And we have been eating well. Today morning Kazuha cooked me "the finest fish". It tasted really good. After finishing the letter in hand we will be eating the left overs of the fish and whatever Kazuha will bring now. Right now he's off searching for that whatever.

"Didn't know we had any paper"

"WAHH, Kazuha! You scared me," regaining myself i added:
"And we really didn't have any, i searched the whole bag of yours. Just picked this one up while you were food-searching. It was near that shrine over there," i nodded my head towards the shrine, "but the paper was completely empty so i haven't done anything wrong."

"Hm, as you say."

"You mean "yes, Y/n, you have done nothing wrong or sinful"."

Kazuha chuckled:
"Yes, that's exactly what i meant"

"Anyway, what did you bring us to eat?"i changed the topic.

"Some meat, nothing special. But i will be whipping something up for us," Kazuha answered.

I hummed, then asked him: "can i help you somehow?"

"Well..." he thought for a moment before saying: "you could make us some salad. And maybe something to drink"

"Then it shall be done," i enthusiastically stated. I stood up and went to search for something eatable.

---

Salad was done. Now all i needed was something to drink... I looked at Kazuha and saw he was soon finishing as well.

I decided some water with maybe some berryjuice baked hot on the fire would make a perfectly fine tea. Kazuha did look at me a bit suspiciously as i was seemingly cooking pure water.

"It'll taste good. I promise."

"Hm? Oh, well if you promise then the promised shall be done as you said earlier"

"Mhm!" I agreed.

Once i finished the tea i presented it to Kazuha.

"TA-TA-RA-TA-TA-TA-DAA! Here's the one and only... Tea." I proudly said.

"Uhm... Tea?"

"Yes, believe me or not. It's a tea. You can taste it." I handed him the tea. He held it with his both hands, feeling the warmth of it, before taking a sip.

I looked at him with anticipation. Kazuha of course saw me from the corner of his eye as he was looking up, thinking. A smile crept on his lips before bursting out laughing upon taking a good look at my worried face.

Confusion was written all over my face. The tea tasted good, right? I didn't have the time to try it myself so i'm getting more and more worried with every second Kazuha doesn't tell me how did it taste.

"So? How was it?"

"Hmm... Not bad."

"That's it? Not bad?" That's just dissapointing.

"Well, the flavor is good and heat level fine as well. What it's lacking is not the taste but sugar."

"Oh come on!" Kazuha looked a bit shocked by my sudden outburst.
"Kazuhaaaaa, you have to deal with no-sugar teas"

"You're right... But with sugar it would tast-"

"KAZUHAAAAAAaaaaaaa!" I cried out.

"Okay, okay, but you can't change my mind!" He stiil had to say before skipping off to serve us the meat.

"You're such a butter between the sandwich..."

Once he came back with the cooked meat he sat down next to me. I took a bite. It tasted, like always, just great.

"What does it mean?" He asked out of nowhere.

"What means what does what now mean what?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, me too," i turned back to eating. I peacefully drank my tea when someone said something again.

""You're such a butter between the sandwich" what does it mean?"

I put my drink down as i look him on the eyes, saying:
"It means that you're just as melting in mouth and just as diffucult to put on the bread"

Once again he started smiling.
"Meaning you think i'm cute?"

NO WAY. NO. WAY. HE DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT, DID HE? NO WAY. HE WOULDN'T. BUT I'M SURE I HEARD HIM RIGHT?! AWH, OF COURSE HE'S CUTE! WHY WOULD ANYONE NOT THINK HE'S CUTE?! BUT DO I HAVE TO TELL IT TO HIM? NO WAY I'M DOING IT. WHAT AM I GONNA DO? I CAN'T STAY SILENT NOR CAN I THINK TOO LONG! IF I DO HE MIGHT GET SOME WRONG IDEAS. IS THERE A WAY OF NOT ANSWERING HIM? IF THERE IS THEN NOW IT WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO TELL ME. OH NO I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME! OH ARCHONS, I MUST BE BLUSHING LIKE CRAZY RIGHT NOW! AAAHH, I GOTTA SAY SOMETHING! COME ON! COME UP WITH SOMETHING SMART! CAN I MAYBE DRINK MY TEA TO LIFT THE FOCUS OFF ME?

So i took my tea like there was never a code red in my head.
"I won't deny it."

"Enough for me." Kazuha turned away and took a sip of his tea as well. Though i saw him giving me some smug side glances.

---

We had put together our things and wandered off closer to our destination. Kazuha said the next part we will wave ride as well and that this time we will reach Watatsumi.

"Want to ride it this time?" He asked me when we got to the wave rider point.

"Only if you tell me how to," i sighed.

"It's a deal then"

We sat in the wave rider. For a second i had some second thoughts about trying to ride that thing. I looked at Kazuha with the you-bouta-help-me-or-what look.

Fortunately he got the hint and showed me the pedals.

"...okay, now press the gas pedal and WOAH!"
Kazuha sure was shocked when i pressed the pedal like there was no tomorrow. I was pretty sure i got how i was supposed to ride the wave rider now. And since Kaedehara so nicely told me to press the gas pedal i pressed it. With no hint of stopping i laid back on my chair and watched sa the insland was slowly coming closer and closer.

"Oh, well you're like born to wave ride, don't you think?"

"Absolutely"

(Yay, new chapter!

1120 words and plenty of Kazuha x reader content

The part where Kazuha said "not bad"... I know it was Kazuha saying it but WHY DO I HEAR CHILDE?!

I feel like i'm about to regret staying up so late to write this chapter SO YOU BETTER TREAT IT WELL so i would feel less nad tomorrow

Have a wonderful morning/day/evening/night
And take care of yourself
DON'T FORGET TO SLEEP)