The Crux Clash

The tournament has now begun. I sat down onto the ground next to Kazuha. I honestly had no idea on how one should fight and i didn't think i would gain anything from watching random people do it. So in the inside i was having a depat: should i stay here or climb to the top of that big cliff of the Guyun Stone Forest?

After five minutes of intense thinking i got up.

"Kazuha, i think i'll be going up there," i said pointing to the cliff-like mountain.
"I think the view will be amazing. Besides i know nothing about martial arts."

"Hm? Very well, but try to not get hurt... And also don't fall off the cliff," Kazuha replied. Worry was heard in the last part of his sentence.

How cute of him worrying for me like that.

I gave him a reassuring hug before leaping off to where i thought it would be the best to start climbing. I actually found a pretty easy way up. At least that's how it looked like from where i stood.

For my luck i am not bad at climbing. So the way i had found was really an easy one. But on my way up i saw some abyss mages... Right where the stairs were. Unfortunately i had no vision and not even any knowledge about fighting something or someone. I was just forced to take an another way, a way on what they wouldn't notice me. So i did. Carefully sneaking to the other side, i hid behind some big tree roots.

Thank Archons i was lucky enough. The abyss mages didn't see me and continued on whatever they were doing.

Finally i reached the top. I sat onto the fresh grass and looked down at where the tournament was taking place. Beidou and Kazuha stood there, concentrated on whoever was fighting. I turned my head away from them and to the sky. It was blue. Just like a sky should be in the daylight. There were practically no clouds, only some little ones very far away.

---

Once i looked at the tournament again, i saw Aether standing in the arena. He seemed like he was waiting.

Why would he wait right in the arena? Even i know that it's the place where people should fight.

Aah, maybe his oponent didn't come?

Whatever was going on, it seemed interesting.

Then Kazuha went to the table where the prize was. Beidou and Aether followed behind him. They stood there for some time before Kazuha and Aether rushed to somewhere, leaving Beidou to take care of the public.

As i wanted to know what was happening, i held a close eye on Kazuha and Aether. Kazuha seemed to be the one leading.

Lucky that i'm up here and can see anything.

They soon found an another guy.

Oh shoot, why are they beating him up like that? I feel sorry for this guy.

I rushed down the hill to find Kazuha and Aether and ask them why would they start a fight with a guy they found on their way to somewhere? Where was the logic?

When i could see the trio with a fairy again i quickly ran to them.
"Kazuha! What does this mean?" I asked him almost too aggressively.

"We were simply just resolving some of our disagreements." Only then i noticed how coldly he looked at the frightened guy. Kazuha turned to me, his face becoming visibly less tense.

"Resolving some disagreements?! You name this resolving disagreements?" The guy next to me was obviously very upset.

"Now now, are you asking for more punishment?"

Awf, Kazuha, you're scaring me like this. I don't even know how you can change so quickly from normal-Kazuha to i-will-end-you-if-you-complain-once-more-Kazuha.

"Kazuha, what did he do so bad that you had to nearly kill him?"

"Stole." And the laconic-Kazuha was back.

"Stole what?" Why was he being so impossible?

"The vision. You know, where i come from, i'd have the complete rights to kill him right away," Kazuha turned himself to me... with the same cold eyes he had while talking to the "thief".

"Kaedehara Kazuha. You. Do. Not. Kill. Anyone. Right. Here. Right. Now." I stated despite the fact how scared i was at the moment. Maybe Kazuha saw the fear in my eyes, maybe he just came back to his senses and realised how brutal he was being. Whatever made him do it, he let the man go his way.

"...We should head back and report to Beidou," the fairy told us then. Aether just nodded and started walking back.

Kazuha stood there for a second before following them behind. I was upset. I didn't want to head back yet. Even though Kazuha was himself again, i was still scared. Maybe this is just what samurais are like: cruel if they find it needed.

The walk back was silent. Non of us dared to say anything.

When we reached the arena again, i left Kazuha and Aether to report to Beidou. I was off to somewhere more quiet.

I went to the other side of the cliff. No climbing this time. I sat down and leaned my back to the big wall-like cliff. I felt bad. Bad for the guy, the way he had stolen something very dear to Kazuha and got beaten by two way better sword wielders. Bad for Kazuha, how he was so full of hatred for this guy. And bad for myself as i got myself into this mess. Couldn't i just stay on top of the cliff and ask about everything later?

I curled myself up and rested my head onto my arms, making myself a little ball. I just sat there, like a dust ball, waiting for the dust to gather around me. I felt worse by any second i spent on thinking back to the things that had happened less than half an hour ago.

All that was until i heard footsteps aprouch me.

(Ah yes, cliffhangers

1013 words

I know how much you love them

Have a wonderful time waiting for the next chapter to know what then happened)