22 | birthday

the movie legally blonde was quite influential to my personality.

[ no episode relation ]

The day of Willow's eighteenth birthday had certainly started out interesting — or maybe traumatizing was the correct word.

Boyd and Cora were taken to Derek's loft so that they could rest and heal. And after Willow insisted Derek go with them, he did. Not only did he need to rest, but he had to talk to his sister that he thought was dead less than twenty-four hours ago. Willow promised to come and see him later that afternoon.

After the fiasco at the school, Willow went home to get a few hours of sleep. But she was woken up at ten by her father and Lydia, as they did every year. The three of them always sat on Willow's bed and ate breakfast together on her birthday, and not even being trapped in a boiler room with two out-of-control werewolves would change that.

"I'll be here a few more hours to help with decorations," Warren said, finishing off his omelet. "But then I'll be out of your hair until tomorrow. I'll be out with Natalie."

Over the summer, their parents had officially started dating, and the girls couldn't be more thrilled.

"And will you be with her all night?" Lydia asked, a mischievous look in her eyes. Willow giggled as Warren rolled his eyes.

"I believe that's absolutely none of your business Lydia," he stated.

"That means yes," Willow whispered to Lydia. She fed a piece of bacon to Scribbles, who was curled up into her side and enjoying the morning snuggles and treats.

"Just so you know, if the police are called like at Lydia's birthday, I will be taking your car keys," he said, giving Willow a stern look. "And you know to keep the second floor off-limits."

"I know, Daddy," she said, smiling. "Isaac's gonna be the bouncer for the night."

"He's a little lean for a bouncer," Warren muttered.

Lydia and Willow shared a look. He didn't know just how strong Isaac really was. And if anyone caused a problem, Scott and Derek would be there as well.

And even if Derek didn't make it, Willow wouldn't be upset. She was just happy that his sister was alive and back in his life. He needed more family than just Peter, who he didn't exactly like. Willow made it very clear that it was alright if he wanted to stay at the loft and spend time with Cora.

☽︎

Because of that, Willow was a little hesitant as she walked to Derek's loft. She was worried that maybe he or Cora were asleep and didn't want to wake them. But Derek had asked her to swing by before she started getting ready with Allison and Lydia, so that's what she did. Instead of rudely letting herself in like everyone else seemed to do, she knocked on the door.