1 - Unchained

[3rd POV]

Frosted night, the wind was swirling down that soon it was December. Jennette was shuddering as ever, for the thin cloth that just wrapped her skin imperfectly and for her bones that has been already frosted and cold. The door would only creak in noise, shouts and pleads was surrounding from the hopeless shouts from an endless suffering. The joys and pleasures now has been leaving her side, friends and family, or even bureaucrats and nobels who screamed her name before, now only pleaded to Athanasia for saving their lives.

All the glorious has over.

All those game and bet has also over.

It was only her who was left, in this quiet narrow prison, dark and wet, that she could only felt her breath which sunk and slowly disappeared. For every hope and dreams which slowly gone and leaving. The path she went now was only dark, the torches lit in somber and the surrounding was only meant to be grey. She was now all alone. She was now unseen and be forgot, so different from the time where she never dare to imagine how those things could shackled her feet and stumbled her steps. As how the time just flew too fast with her leaving behind with no chance to catch it.

Regret and cries now were only meant to mess up. Chained her to the moment where the time just felt stopped and no one has its count.

She has no choice more.

She has no chance more.

Regret and grieves were blending with all the nights spent by wail and whine. To only bluntly follow where they wanted her to be, hands chained with no fight and just stepped.

"Jennette Magrita."

She heard a voice was echoing, the guard bowed and the coughs or shouts which she usually heard between this slippery floor just muted. The torches painted a shadow which just growing, blue jeweled eyes was sparkling straightly beyond her shivering body, hands trembled and face was bent down that she was too shame to stare Athanasia.

"Now you have a chance to be free, Jennette. Not as a Princess, not as anyone those bureaucrats blabbing you to be about. But live your life as yourself, as you, and be free."

Athanasia just nodded unsoundedly, the door opened, wind passed, snow poured and pile up. Hurriedly, Duchess Rosalie was bursting in, pouring Jennette with thousand sweet kisses she has been missed along these years. She could felt the wind was blowing her tangled hair, the horse carriage was coming and the snow slowly fell to white both of their shoulder.

Jennette hesitatedly walked, weak and limp she struggled to walk her feet though she just fell through Duchess Rosalie's embrace and they were just smiling. A brunette girl in her twenty was seen peeking from her back and she just nodded. Just like when the first time Jennette came and shamefully peeked to wave Athanasia a hand.

The flower which just bloomed and the wind which shook. Wasn't it too naive to think that the petals could be blooming forever without be shredded?
Though those shredded petals now could go to anywhere she wished.

***

So, I would really like to know what your opinion is, I'm still in battle to upload this story and the rest, because it's really really short, and as you know, Jennette has the second chance she doesn't has in the previous story I wrote.

Does she worth the second chance or do you have another opinion?

Please Love, vote, and comment ♥️