Lovebird

"The laundry? Yes, we usually do our laundry by ourselves. We also go to work and some people do hunt in the winter. But don't worry, I've asked my sister to come tomorrow to help you adapt quickly so no need to worry. My house also just two house apart from here, so you could just call me if you need a help."

Jason stood up faster, and even by unless than one minute, the plates were already on his hand where Jennette insisted to help before. The man casually did the dishes, happily telling her many things and patiently answered all her questions when the time just struck the midnight. He politely took his leave then, bid her a farewell after made sure that everything was okay for him. 

That house was suddenly felt empty just in the sort amount of time. The candles swayed weakly, revealing Jennette's face which has turned to be blank and empty again. She only wished that the morning soon came, that she didn't need to be engulfed by the cold she hated for. That she didn't need to be haunted by the guilt which still weighed her shoulder sometimes. She hoped that the days would only be filled by laughter and joy just like the time she spent with Jason before. The time when she could forgot that she has done lot of dirt things in her previous at the time where she hoped that those glamorous and pleasure things could bought her happiness which probably can't.

But she was happy here.

She started to like the moment she cut the onion and she cried it out.

When her hand was cut and bleeding as she cut the carrot and there was Jason who worried her.

She still could felt the sincere from his words, from his touch as he bandaged her hand and forbid her to cook again that day.

Her eyes was once again nailed to the leftovers on that table, to the broad windows, and also to the Jason's cloak which being lend to her once she arrived here and she hug it lightly.

Would it be a greedy if she wished for her own happiness this time?

***

Love, vote, and comment ♥️