Megumin X Reader (Konosuba)

🎨: KonoSuba Bakuen, Light Novel - Volume 3 (modified)

***

Title: Vicious Visions

Another sleepless night. As you rested comfortably in your bed with nothing to do, the door of your bedroom was suddenly opened by a short individual. The arch wizard of your party, Megumin, quickly walked into your bedroom without knocking or even caring if you had something to say about her presence (which you didn't mind at all).

She closed the door as if to make sure no one would be able to get into the room—before approaching your bed.

Megumin slipped into your bed without saying a word and, just like you, she stared up at the ceiling. Megumin seemed just a bit shocked. Something definitely happened to her.

"You alright?" You asked, turning around so your whole body faced Megumin. She ignored you for a bit before taking a deep breath. She was definitely affected by whatever happened to her before coming into your room.

Megumin scratched her head nonchalantly, "not really, no," she said.

"Nightmare?" You guessed.

"Y-Yes." Megumin confirmed your suspicions. Must've been a genuine blow to her mind if she came to you for support.

"I'm also going to assume you came to me because you didn't want to wake the others."

"Is that alright? You are a creature of the night, after all. I know to rely on you especially during these relentless times," said the disturbed arch wizard. Although she tried to keep her cool, Megumin didn't really know how to.

"Must've been awful, huh. Well, stay as long as you like." You brought the blankets over Megumin's body some more. She most certainly needed comfort right now. Megumin appreciated the gesture.

"T-Thank you."

"Also, about the creature of the night thing—it's just my bad sleeping habits that keep me up, nothing else," you added.

"I know someone that can help you with that." Megumin now fully turned towards you, slightly leaning closer.

"Are you suggesting magic of any kind?" You asked.

"Perhaps."

"Then that might be a no."

"Darn! There's this back-alley merchant that sells this—"

"Nope. Not a chance."

Quickly, a moment of silence filled the room. Although you were personally not liking it that much, Megumin found the quiet to be soothing.

"Will you want to blow up something tomorrow to help you? First thing in the morning?" You suggested.

"Yes please." Megumin rapidly nodded.