Sayu Ogiwara X Reader (Higehiro)

🎨: Higehiro, Episode 1. (modified)

***

Title: Together

Sayu Ogiwara walked into the local coffee shop, unbothered and calm. Another usual day in her life. She bought the usual order, sat at the same table by the same spot near the window of the place, and occasionally looked out that window.

Her life was decent, and there was nothing she really hated about it. So she thought that day would be like any other—uneventful.

But... she really wasn't expecting such a wonderful surprise. Sayu watched someone walk into the place, looking just a bit lost before this person spotted her. Although the physical differences were there, Sayu could still recognize you—even if it were from a mile away.

You walked towards her a bit hesitant, but you still were so happy to see her as well.

After two years of not seeing you, there you were, standing in front of her. To Sayu, it was almost like seeing a ghost.

"Hey, brave girl." You smiled at her.

It was a smile that made Sayu feel an unbelievable amount of joy. Sayu immediately stood up and hugged you. You enjoyed the feeling of being able to hug your friend again after so long. It was almost making you crazy just thinking about how long it's been since you two have seen each other.

"Y/N... how are you?" Sayu asked, slowly letting go of you and taking a long look at your face. The way you looked made you seem like a weary person—your hair was very long, and you were missing an eye—but at least your nice outfit kind of canceled that out. To others, you were probably a really weird and exotic person.

"...I've been better. But right now, I'm happy." You answered honestly.

The simple fact that Sayu was right there just made you feel so strange, you couldn't begin to explain the way that you were feeling at the moment.

Sayu felt the exact same way you did, but also was slightly concerned over why you looked the way you did.

"What happened?" Sayu brought her hand up to your face, and she felt the place where your left eye used to be.

"Life happened." You joked, but it was a bit difficult to look back on that time you lost your left eye without feeling hurt—in more ways than one.

"Please, Y/N, sit down. I think there's a lot to talk about."

***

2 Years Ago

On the way back to your apartment, at an unfortunate time of night—1 AM to be exact—you saw something from a distance.

There was a lamppost at an intersection, and beneath that lamppost, there sat a girl wearing a high school uniform (consisting of a navy-blue blazer and a gray checkered-skirt).

She wasn't waiting for anyone, she just... sat there, on the floor with her hands around her knees. She was alone.

The sight of her was depressing. Extremely so, to the point where you kind of wanted to go and talk to her.

And that's exactly what you did. You walked over there and kneeled down so you were at this high school girl's eye-level.

"Hey, hey." You got her attention, "you okay?"

The high-school girl, with her head buried between her knees and her chest, looked up and gazed at you.

"It's... pretty late, isn't it? What are you doing out here?" You asked.