🤠 Lunar Edomae X Male Reader (My Bride Is A Mermaid)

Written By: Goldendeath
🎨: 内藤キララ - Pixiv

***

Title: Lunarian

"GO!"

A rousing scream echoed the word back to the stage.

"GO!"

The yelling continued, and the pink haired girl at the front raised her hands. With a wink and a smile, she began the countdown.

"One! Two! One, two, three go!"

Another crash of applause started, as the confetti cannons on the sides of the stage blasted their colorful payload. Across the screens behind the girl blared the name "Lunar!" In bright purple.

"People say I came from the far end of the universe~"

"L-U-N-AR-I-AN!" The crowd chanted back. Even though he'd heard it a thousand times before, Y/N couldn't help but chant along with them. "Go Lunar!" He couldn't hear his own yelling above the mass of the crowd, but he could almost swear he saw her smile grow a bit wider.

"She looks so amazing, must be some kinda super girl~"

"L-U-N-AR-I-AN!" The crowd chanted again. Lunar danced along to the cheerful music, swaying her body and arms side to side in tune with the beat. Every movement had been rehearsed to perfection. Y/N knew that all too well. After all, he was the one to help her practice.

"She is invincible, she's Lunarian! She is incredible, she's Lunarian!"

Another wink and the crowd goes crazy again. Everyone was yelling and screaming her name, and Y/N was right alongside them. For a moment, Lunar's eyes pass the crowd and lock directly with his. Her happy face changes into one of pure glee, seeing him standing in the crowd. He came for her.

Her face almost reminded him of the time they had first met. A sudden rainstorm had led to him running to the nearest cover, and almost stumbling over something in the road. What he expected to be nothing more than a bag of trash was instead... A mermaid.

And a very, very unhappy one at that. She glared up to him, hate filling her eyes. "You...You saw us!" Out of nowhere, two hulking individuals, one grabbing him and the other picking up the girl. "Bring us back to our house! We'll have this one executed!"

When he next opened his eyes, he was sitting in front of the girl, who he only now recognized as the pop star Lunar. He was almost too shocked to speak. With a sigh, she started. "Listen human, you're the second person to have seen us in our true form. Normally, we'd have you executed, but..." She leaned a little closer. "We're giving you the same possibility we gave them. There wouldn't be a problem in you knowing our real form..." Her smile grew wider. "If you become our slave!" Y/N's eyes widened. "Of course if you decline.." One of the massive bodyguards from earlier reappeared, a pistol in his hand. He cocked it and Y/N shivered.

"Your choice?" Seeing no better option, Y/N agreed.

He was brought out of his reminiscence by Lunar's voice.

"Now listen everyone, because I've got something to reveal~"

"L-U-N-AR-I-AN!" The crowd chanted again, much to Lunar's delight. She always loved hearing people help with her songs. She pirouetted and continued weaving her body to the music.

"To everyone here, and all across the universe~"

Another spin, this time they don't chant, in anticipation of what comes next.

"I am the incredible Lunarian! I am the invincible Lunarian!"

The cannons to her side go off a final time, and she raises her hand to the sky, in the count of three.

"One! Two! One, two, three go!"

The song ends, and the crowd erupts into screams. Lunar blows a kiss to the crowd. "Thank you everyone! You've been wonderful tonight!" She takes a bow, and a smattering of applause ripped across the crowd. "Bye-Bye for now!" And with that, the curtains close, and the crowd begins to make their leave.

Except Y/N. He headed towards the back entrance. Two bouncers stepped to intercept him as he reached the door, but once they saw his face, they moved aside. "Apologies sir. Your fiancée is waiting for you."

They opened the door, and he stepped into a long hallway that would eventually lead to her dressing room. As he walked down the hallway he thought about that word. "Fiancée..." He muttered. It still sounded so strange to him, though he had been that for several months by now. He could still clearly remember when it happened...

It had been several months since Y/N had been made Lunars slave. Well, slave wasn't really a good word, more like... Assistant. He would help her practice, help her study, get various things for her. At first she was very demanding, but over time of him helping her, her words would soften around him.

Currently, he was helping her with her dance routine. "Alright, step left, then right, then twirl." Lunar nodded, and followed his words to the letter. "Nice job. Do the whole thing one more time, and we'll be done." She followed suit, and the entire dance routine was performed flawlessly. Y/N smiled. "Great! I think you're ready. I'll grab us some drinks, alright." Lunar nodded again, and sat down.

Y/N was a bit worried, as usually she would start her classic laugh and say something along the lines of "Of course we did great! We're perfect!" But he pushed them aside as he returned with two water bottles.

He tossed one to Lunar and held another for himself, and they drank in silence for a bit, until Lunar finally spoke up. "Hey Y/N..." "What's up?"

She stared at his eyes for a moment, and crawled a bit closer. "You remember when we first met? And we said the only way to keep living was to serve us?" Y/N nodded. "Well, there was one other way.." She crawled a bit closer, her face mere inches away from his. She looked up into his eyes, a red blush covering her face. "You could also... M-marry us..."

Y/N nearly spit out his drink. "W-What?" He stumbled backwards, and fell over onto his back, Lunar staring from above him. "Ever since you started helping us, we've felt strange! We asked Papa, and he said it's...It's love.." she paused again for a moment. "He gave his blessing, so how about it?" She laid down on his fallen form, their chests breathing in sync with each other. "Would you...Let me be your bride?"

Y/N knocked on the door to Lunars dressing room, earning a bright "Come in!" From the other side. He entered, and saw that she had already changed out of her performing outfit, into something much more comfortable. Loose fitting sweatpants and a much too large shirt, which means...

"Did you take my shirt?" Y/N asked, and Lunar smirked. "It's good relaxing clothes! But aside from that.." she rushed towards him, holding him close. "How'd we do?" Y/N rolled his eyes. "Amazing, as always Lunar. Do you even need to ask?" She backed away and raised her palm to her mouth, begging her classic "Ohohohooh!" Laugh. "Of course not! We're perfect, as always! All those people were here for us!"

While she's monologuing, Y/N comes up and hugs her from behind. "Yep. They're all here to see you." She stops for a moment, a quiet giggle escaping her lips. "We're off tomorrow, Y/N..." he raised an eyebrow. "Ah? You want to go on a date then?" Another giggle. "You know us too well."

"Of course I do." Y/N laughed, and planted a kiss on her neck. "I'm your fiancée, after all."

***