6

Six

I had slept for hours, but woke up around three in the morning. I felt my stomach churn, so I managed to pull myself out of bed, but that made everything worse. Instead of making it to the bathroom like I begged myself to, I collapsed on my knees and threw up on the carpet, gasping for breath as I threw up the dinner Ashton had made. The door swung open and I felt a presence in the room. The person pulled my hair back as I continued to throw up.

"It's alright, darling," I heard Luke reassure me quietly. The light turned on and there was another person now in the room. When the light turned on, I had saw blood in my vomit, and that meant Luke and whoever else was in the room did too, "Shit," he mumbled.

"That's not from a concussion," Ashton's voice filled my ears. I had finished throwing up, but bursted out crying instead of feeling relief. I was embarrassed, in pain, and wanted nothing more than to get help. "Talk to us sweet girl," Ashton said softly as he knelt down next to Luke and me, avoiding all the vomit on the floor. I just shook my head, still trying to catch my breath, ignoring Ashton trying to help me calm down.

"It hurts," I choked out as I clutched my stomach.

"Ash, hold her," Luke told his friend. Ashton carefully pulled me into his lap, keeping me facing Luke as he whispered sweet nothings to me, holding me a little under my chest. "Kenzie, I'm going to lift your shirt up," Luke said, but that freaked me out. The memories of my dad's friend started to fill my mind.

"No," I shook my head. "Don't touch me," I begged.

"I think there's something wrong with your tummy, I need to look," Luke said. I heard footsteps and voices coming over and Michael and Calum were now in the room. Michael told Calum to go back with Alex, which he obeyed and went back, which I appreciated.

"Kenzie, it's alright," Michael promised me as he joined us on the floor. "We're going to help you," I didn't believe him for a second. And in that moment, I did the one thing I always did whenever my dad's friends were over. I kicked and tried to get out of the grasp. I started to panic when I felt Ashton;s grip tighten, I was trapped like I was last time.

"Get away," I tightly closed my eyes and flailed my legs as hard as I could. "Go away, Jared," I screamed loudly repeatedly. It wasn't until a couple of minutes later, I heard Luke's voice.

"Jared's not here baby," Luke hushed me, "it's just Luke, Michael, and Ashton. Calum and Alex are in the other room," Luke told me, which helped me calm down. I opened my eyes to reveal the three doctors. "It's just us, no one else," he promised me. My first instinct came to mind, where was Alex.

"Is Alex ok?" I asked, still sobbing.

"He's alright, still asleep," Michael promised me, wiping my tears. "He's a deep sleeper, I'm sure you knew that," Michael chuckled and I nodded. Before Luke could say anything, Ashton cut him off.

"Take some deep breaths sweet girl," Ashton told me , "follow my breathing," he said, walking me through some breathing exercises, which helped me calm down a little bit. Ashton looked at Luke and nodded, meaning he could now continue.

"Kenzie, can I look at your tummy?" Luke asked. I nodded, knowing I wouldn't get out of this, so Luke carefully lifted my shirt and was shocked to see the terrible bruising and swelling, like nothing he has ever seen. The whole area was covered in a deep bruise, clearly painful. All of them were just shocked I was able to move around like this.

"Please help me, Luke," I begged as more tears fell down my face. This was the first time I actually wanted and asked for help. After seeing their reaction, this obviously wasn't normal.

"I am, we all are," Luke promised me. "When did you get these?"

"Throughout the week," I stuttered out.

"From who?" I didn't answer the question, and surprisingly Ashton was the one who spoke up.

"We want to help you, and we'll make sure that you are safe. All you have to do is tell us," Ashton promised me.

"My dad," I whispered. That was all they needed to hear to have a confession.