15

Fifteen

"How about this one?"

"No, no, no,"

I chuckled lightly as I looked over to see Luke and Michael trying to help Alex pick out a racecar bed. Alex was being picky to say the least. He wasn't liking any of the options, and they were trying to make it perfect. They had been looking for ten minutes, but it felt like forever. Now they were all realizing how picky Alex was.

"Want help hanging up the pictures?" Calum asked and I nodded. We went up to my room and I showed him the pictures as we found where everything should go. He started to tape off the areas with my help and soon Ashton joined to help as well.

"Your room looks nice," Ashton complimented.

"Thanks," I smiled lightly. We began to hang the posters up until ALex came running in.

"We got a red one," he jumped up and down, making me smile.

"Are you excited?" I asked and he nodded happily.

"And they have lamps with cars," he added.

"Should we go set up the rest of your room?" Ashton asked and Alex nodded. Ashton rushed over and picked him up, making Alex laugh as he made a car noise and rushed out of the room.

"He is a ball of energy," Calum chuckled.

"Ashton or Alex?"

"Both," I nodded in agreement and we finished hanging up the rest of the pictures. "It looks good," Calum smiled and I nodded.

"Yeah it does," I lightly smiled.

"How are you feeling about everything?" Calum glanced over at me and I shrugged.

"Been better," I muttered and sat down on my bed followed by him.

"It'll all be ok. There is no way they will have any custody over you, and then you'll get to live here and get adopted,"

"By who?"

"What do you mean?" his eyebrows furrowed.

"Which one of you guys are going to adopt me and Alex?" I detailed my question more, which kind of surprised him. It was obvious he didn't think of that, none of them did.

"I don't know," he admitted and I nodded. "Today we're meeting with a lawyer and I'll talk with the guys tonight," he said and I nodded. Everything was just so nerve wrecking, and I really hoped everything would work out, especially the whole adoption process.

Luke

The day was long. We met with a lawyer earlier and got all the information, then went for dinner, and now were back home. Kenzie was upstairs laying with Alex so he would go to bed while the rest of us were downstairs. "Kenzie asked me an interesting question today," Calum spoke up.

"What was it?" Michael asked as he put away some dishes.

"She asked which one of us would adopt her and Alex," he said, making my eyebrows raise.

"She asked me that yesterday," I told them.

"That's honestly a good question," Michael admitted, "we never really talked about it,"

"No matter what happens we'll all be there for them," Ashton sat down at the island next to me, "but honestly I think you should Luke," he admitted, kind of shocking me.

"Really?"

"I think I should be the last one out of us because if we want Kenzie to have therapy I won't be able to do that, and she won't be comfortable with anyone else," he explained.

"You are the one that has gotten them to open up," Michael added.

"And they both trust you," Calum added. "Would you want to adopt them?"

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I really would," I admitted. "If they want that I'll do it for sure,"

"We'll ask tomorrow, right now they are tired," Ashton said and we agreed. We finished up the rest of the chores for the evening, then went up for bed. I checked on Alex to see him fast asleep in his room. We had finally gotten things set up in his room, including the toy storage, car rug, and barbie house. All we needed to finish was the car bed and nightstands. I went over and kissed Alex's forehead, then left and went to Kenzie's room. I saw the light on, so I lightly knocked on the door, but didn't hear anything. When I opened the door, I saw Kenzie fast asleep in her bean bag chair. Her room was definitely the most aesthetically pleasing. It was black, white, and dark green, just like she dreamed of having. I went over and picked her up from the beanbag, then tucked her in. I kissed her forehead, then left with a smile on my face, only hoping that they would want to be adopted by me.