20

Twenty

To say I was handling the no caffeine thing well was a lie. I laid in my room trying to sleep after taking ibuprofen for my massive headache. It was horrible, and I was in tears begging the guys to let me have one cup of coffee. None of them expected the reaction I was having, but here I was sobbing into my pillow while I tried to sleep. THe ibuprofen was doing nothing, and I was hating it.

"Any better?" Ashton asked as he came into my room. I shook my head, not picking my head up from the pillow.

"Please Ashton," I hiccuped.

"Darling, you know that all the caffeine isn't good," he reminded me.

"I already have a fucking court case this week, I'm meeting Luke's mom, and you're forcing me togo cold turkey with caffeine," I sobbed, finally snapping. He helped me sit up and pulled me into a tight hug as I cried into his chest.

"Crying is making the headache worse, you gotta calm down," he hushed me. "Did you take your medication?" I nodded in response. "Once you're calm I will talk to the guys, but you need to calm down first. I can feel your heart racing," he noticed. For ten minute I took deep breaths until I wasn't crying and my heart rate was slower. "How about tomorrow you can have caffeine until all this court stuff is handled?" he suggested.

'No, now," I shook my head.

"Kenz, it's six in the evening. You can go to bed in three hours, caffeine will keep you up all night," he explained. "Your headache is bad right now because you are also stressed, what are you worried about?"

"My parents could get custody,"

"We won't let that happen," Ashton said. "Our lawyer is the best in the state, and everything you have said has evidence. There is no way your parents can win," he reassured me. "What else are you stressed out about?"

"Luke's mom," I admitted.

"Liz is going to love you and Alex. She's always wanted grandkids, and you two are perfect. It's scary meeting new people, and if you get overwhelmed you are allowed to excuse yourself and leave, there is nothing wrong with that,"

"What if she doesn't like me?"

"There is not a possibility of that," Ashton chuckled. "She is going to love you so much, and I know that she is going to make sure you feel extra special because you are the only girl in the house," Ashton added, making me lightly smile. "There is no need to worry that someone will hate you, because in our family you will only be loved, I promise,"

"Thanks Ash," I quietly said.

"No need to thank me," he grinned. "How about we watch a movie?" he suggested and I nodded. We both laid down in my bed, turning on the movie Ashton chose, which was X-Men, then began to watch it. As we watched the movie, the door opened and Luke came in, lightly smiling when he saw us.

"Feeling better?" he asked and I nodded. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and started to leave.

"What about me?" Ashton questioned, making me giggle.

"Gross, I am not kissing you,"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to," he scoffed. Luke left, leaving me in a fit of giggles as Ashton frowned, calling him a dick.