Chapter 12: Draning Magic

Camillo's POV

I do not understand, the magic had always been strong, the magic had always been perfect. Why was this happening?! I felt weak, weaker than I had ever felt before so I went up to my room.

Y/N's POV

I saw Camillo go up to his room and I rushed to Abuela's door and knocked loudly.

"Alma! I need to talk to you!" I shout.

She opened the door and immediately saw the cracks everywhere around the house.

"What happened, was this you?!" She shouts.

"No, no, no , me and Camillo came back to the house and found this, look at the candle, the light is fading Alma! The magic is fading!" I say aggressively.

She looked at the candle then looked at me and then quickly walked off. She was useless!

I heard someone say my name and followed the noise, it was Mirabel and she had found some glowing green pieces of what looked like glass.

"What's this?" I ask curiously.

She went on to tell me that she broke into her Tiò Bruno's Tower and climbed up a bunch of stairs and found the glowing green tile thingies. Then she was rambling about how they're Bruno's and how he predicted the future, and the put them together and her standing infront of a broken house, this house.

"Okay, that's a lot to take in at once Mirabel." I say.

"I know but make sure to not tell anyone, I can't have them knowing." She said and then walked off to investigate further.

Whatever she was doing she said she didn't want me helping so I just walked off.

I walk into Camillo's room to see him panicking like crazy about how the magic is fading.

"I'm going to be nothing, I'm nothing without my powers!" He shouts.

I rub his back softly and speak in a calm and caring tone, "Hey Camillo, you're not nothing without your powers, you're my pretty boy, my everything, my world, and that won't change no matter if you have all the powers or none of them, you're all I care for in this cruel world."

His eyes light up after I said what I said and he kissed my lips gently and I returned the kiss. His was so perfect, he was mine.

A little while later me and Camillo woke up to shaking, the entire house was shaking. We put our dressing gowns on and ran outside Camillo's room to see what was going on and we saw all the cracks and la casita falling apart before our eyes.

I saw the candle on the stand, almost wobbling off, me and Camillo ran into action.

Camillo tried to shapeshift to get up there but he failed and landed on the ground below but luckily casita broke his fall, now it was my turn.

I jumped as high as I could manage but I didn't make it, I fell onto the hard concrete below me and everything went black.

Camillo's POV

I scream Y/N's name and run up to him, he had had quite a fall and I had to make sure he was okay.

I lifted him onto my back and made a run for the door and me and him, along with the rest of my family made it.

I sat on the grass next to Y/N, praying he would wake up at some point, right now all the others were looking for Mirabel because she went somewhere random, I have no idea but I only wanted to care for my everything.

I noticed he slowly moved his head and held my hand with his, he was okay!

"Ugh where am I?" He asked confused at the situation.

I go on and explain to him everything that happened and just as I finished Mirabel and Bruno came back.

Wait Bruno?! The Bruno?! He wasn't 7 foot? Last time I saw him he was. I was very confused at the situation that just unfolded but then I heard everyone from the town and they came with building supplies to help rebuild our home.

After a couple days, it was rebuilt, but not magical but then something fantastical happened which was Mirabel, she made it magical again, so she did have a gift after all, to bring us all together.

After a celebration me and Y/N relaxed in our room, stressed free and happy, after all it had been a stressful few days and we slowly drifted to sleep in each others arms.