'A Flock Of Plovers'

Cram school had finally finished. Thank the lords. 

Wait- what lord would I thank? Not Satan, because of obvious reasons and not the Christian idea of God for obvious reasons again. Are other religious deities real?

I am so going to have to ask Mephisto, these are important questions.

I was walking out of the classroom, standing on Kamiki’ left and Paku on her other side. Shima was walking next to us, trying (and failing) to get Kamiki’s attention. That dude is so desperate. Honestly, shameless in his advances. 

“Ms. Kamiki! Ms. Paku!” We heard shouting, we all turned around, seeing that blond haired girl trying to get the girls’ attention. “H-hello!” She stutters. Just as she is approaching us, I see her stumbling.

I dash forward and grasp her midsection, trying to remain as respectful as possible, keeping my hands on her waist. 

“Whoops, wouldn’t want an accident now, would we?” I say, smiling and laughing slightly, trying to ease her embarrassment. That must have been a terrible experience, especially after I’ve seen how she acts in class. “The name’s Okumura Akito, call me Akito.” I say to the girl.

“Oh, uh, my name is Moriyama Shiemi, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She says gently, bowing slightly in greeting. “Thank you for saving me.” 

“It’s no issue, I’m glad you’re okay.” I bow back slightly. I can have manners when I want.

The poor girl acts like she has never been in public before, and from the conversations I’ve overheard from Yukio and Rin, that seems like the brutal truth. 

I wink slightly at her, lifting her up fully. Once I made sure she was alright, I let go and walked over to my friends, seeing a light blush on Kamiki and Shima’s face.

Now this is an interesting development. I am going to have to test these results later.

“Ms. Moriyama?” Paku asks sincerely. 

Kamiki doesn’t look as concerned, and Shima just looks awkward.

“Klutz!” Kamiki mutters, but loud enough for us all to hear, turning away. Wow, that’s a bit harsh.

“Come on Kamiki! Don’t be too mean, she just tripped, I do it all the time!” I say, pulling on her shirt sleeve slightly. She looks at me and sighs.

I looked over to Moriyama and saw her looking super embarrassed, face a flaming red.

Oof, that face she’s making is more embarrassing than her initial stumble.

“Fine.” Kamiki says, turning back to face us all.

“Are you okay?” Paku asks, after seeing that Kamiki is staying put.

“Um, yes.” Moriyama says, nodding mutely.

“Be careful.” Paku said softly, smiling at the girl. Before noticing that Kamiki is getting impatient and turning to face her. Paku nods at her and they both begin to leave, Kamiki pulling on my sleeve this time.

I wave and smile softly at blondy and then see Shima standing there, looking like he is debating an important life choice, when in fact he is probably just thinking about which girl to follow.

I grab his shoulders quickly and use the momentum to yeet myself onto his shoulders, he stumbles before standing up. 

“Wah!” He jumbles out, obviously bewildered with the way his day has turned out.

“Onward Pinky Pie!” I bellow, pointing to the girls’ retreating figures, he gets the message and lets out a resigned sigh, before following my order.