'A Game of Tag'

I fell through the pink, poofy hole (sounds like a description for an asshole) and smashed against the floor of Mephisto’s office.

Perfect.

I growled quietly before pulling myself up off the floor and into an upright position.

Looking around I noticed Mephisto looking frustrated behind his desk and a small green hamster lying on the side of the desk, seemingly stuffing its mouth with marshmallows.

Sniffing slightly, I blink in surprise and tilt my head slightly. Creeping slowly towards the green fluffball, I’m about to reach out and grab it when Mephisto puts his gloved hand in the way.

“No no, leave the poor thing alone. No need to let your instincts run wild, right now we have more pressing matters to discuss.” He says, and leans forward, resting his head on his hand.

“Oh?” I question, barely managing to tear my gaze away from the hamster that I know is Amaimon, and shutting down the thoughts of play and catching my prey.

“Yes, it seems that our dear father has become quite, shall we say… agitated… with the loss of you and your elder brother following the situation with Father Fujimoto and has begun to send high level demons to my barrier in an attempt to wither wear it down, or me, until one can manage to break in and take you both to Gehenna.” Mephisto explains, looking more and more annoyed and angry the further he gets into the explanation.

Homie, why would I care? Like, I’m sorry but in my opinion, I kinda want to go to Gehenna, seems lit. Get it? Cuz lit = fire and like, the blue flames and all?

Sometimes I make myself laugh.

So back to what I was saying, in Gehenna I’m a literal prince, and here in Assiah, I’m just an average human. Not to sound all power hungry or anything, but it seems obvious where to be for better life quality.

Plus in Gehenna I can actually listen to my demonic instincts, like, I don’t need to ignore them.

Which let me tell you, is really fuckin' annoying.

“I don’t get why you are telling me this though, normally you keep everything secret unless absolutely necessary to tell.” I shrug, making a face of confusion while reaching over slowly for Amaimon again, only for him to squeak and alert Mephisto of my actions, resulting in a pinched ear for me and for Amaimon to be pulled to the edge of the desk furthest away from me.

“Yes well, the only way these demons are going to stop is if someone of a higher ranking tells them to, and father dearest has told them not to listen to Amaimon nor to me so I need you to order them to stand down.” He explains, actually being serious for once. “Do not cross the barrier when you do so otherwise you will be taken by them, understand?”

Wow, he just gave me the perfect way to Gehenna, ha, totally snatching this moment.

“Of course Mephy, no crossing the barrier and act like a hard dom to a bunch of bratty subs. I’ve got this!” I say, smiling and giving him a thumbs up.

I get up to leave, ignoring the brief flash of pure bewilderment on his face and open the door before stopping and realising something very important that I need to know first.

“Where is all this happening though? And where do I need to go?”

~~~~~~~

Mephisto told me where I had to go and gave me a map of True Cross with a big pink circle made of markers for showing where I needed to go.

I then crept out of the room while keeping eye contact with hamster Amaimon.

One day I'm going to get the advantage of surprise on my side against him.