'Now a Certain Man was Sick...'

I woke up to a knocking sound resonating throughout my room.

“Ugh…” I groan, pulling myself out of the covers, Itazura continuing to cling around my neck and lay across my shoulders.

Scratching at my neck, I pull open the door. “Hey, what’s up?” I ask, not looking at who’s there, too busy rubbing at my eyes.

“I- You wrote I could come talk to you.” Is that Kamiki’s voice? I look at the figure, rubbing my eyes vigorously until I can finally see her. 

“Oh yeah, sorry Kamiki, come on in.” I say, opening the door for her to come in, and shutting it behind her. “What did ya want to talk about?” I ask.

“I- well- just- here, this is yours.” She stutters before pulling herself together and shoving something at me. I look down and see that it’s my t-shirt.

“Thanks.” I say, smiling brightly, grabbing the shirt and going to place it in one of my draws. “Did’ya want to talk about anything then?” I questioned.

She obviously wants to say something but she’s too prideful for it.

I just stand there and wait for her to say something.

“Thanks. For helping me get to my room.” She says quietly, looking down and blushing, bowing slightly. 

“Ah, no problem for a friend!” I say, grabbing her and giving her a hug. 

“Yes, well, it won’t happen again.” She says, forcing her chin up. “Where did my familiars go?” She asks, shivering slightly.

“Ah, yeah, about that…” I mutter, scratching the back of my head. 

“Yes. About that?” She questions, a bit more forcefully.

“Well, I saw them growling at you and ripped up your summoning papers, I don’t think they’ll like me anymore.” I say, whining slightly near the end.

“Ugh, well if that’s all you have done, then everything will be fine.” She says, chuckling slightly.

“But I wanted fox snuggles!” I  whine again. Itazura snuffles slightly and growls in his sleep, like he knows that I’m saying I want another familiar’s affection. I quickly stroke his back, making him go quiet again.

“I’m going to see Paku, do you want to come with me?” Kamiki asks, changing the subject completely. I look at her and can tell that she's nervous, I can hear her heart beating rapidly as well. 

“Of course I will, she’s my friend too as well, ya know?” I exclaim, ushering her out the room, following behind her and closing the door.

We walk into the room that Paku lays in and see Yukio injecting her with something. Rin is also in the room, standing behind Yukio and looking at Paku with concern.

He looks up when he sees us and smiles at Kamiki, ignoring me completely.

“Dick.” I whisper, Kamiki elbowing me in return. “Ow.” I whine quietly. 

Paku looks at us and smiles gently, looking back at Yukio when he begins to speak.

“In two or three days, your fever will break, and you’ll be able to move about. Just get lots of rest.” Yukio says, grabbing all of his doctor stuff and packing up.

“Thank you very much, Mr. Okumura.” Paku says to Yukio.

“Take care.” Rin says to her.

“Thank you, Okumura!” Paku smiles at him. Rin smiles back and then he and Yukio leave the room.