'Black Cat'

Rin and I were stumbling down the street.

It’s absolutely boiling and I just want to go home, I hate the heat - which is ironic considering I literally control flames.

Itazura elected to stay at the dorms for the day, like me, he also hates the heat.

“Man! It’s hot!” Rin exclaimed, pulling two ice pops out of their wrappers, handing one to me and biting down on his own.

“Thanks dude,” I say, sucking down on my own. “I fucking hate the heat.”

“This is killing me as well… We’ve got to eat these before they melt!” Rin smiles widely after biting down again, “Nothing beats these in the summertime though!”

“I’ll give you that one, these do taste mighty fine in the summer heat.” I nod, closing my eyes as a ray of sun stabs my eyeball.

We headed back to the dorms, Rin walking into his and Yukio’s shared room while I walked past and went to my own room.

I shut the door behind me and turned on my fan, letting the cold air circulate around the room.

I then grabbed my headphones and placed them over my ears, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I turned some music on before lying on my bed.

I was lying down for like, 3 songs worth of time before my shoulder was shaken. 

I threw my eyes wide open and looked at the person who touched me, seeing Rin standing before me.

“Come on, Yukio’s got some exorcist work and I’m gonna follow him!” He exclaims before running out of my room, I sit there silently for a minute before he runs back in the room. “You’re coming with me!”

“Oh okay, that makes sense.” I respond, getting up and following after him.

We ran after Yukio and waited for him to get to the ‘keep out’ tape and show his credentials, before ambushing him.

“I’m Okumura Yukio, Intermediate Exorcist First Class.” Yukio says, all stiff and proper.

“We’ve been waiting for you.” The exorcist behind the tape said, pulling it up for Yukio to walk under it.

Rin and I then pull up.

“And I’m Okumura Rin, ExWire.” Rin says, standing up straight for once.

“Yeah, I’m Okumura Akito, ExWire and your mum’s lover.” I say, closing my eyes and smiling with my tongue out, throwing up a peace sign.

We both then duck under the tape.

“Rin! I told you not to come!” Yukio scolds him before turning to me, “and why are you even here!?”

“Well, I was worried about your second pair of glasses.” Rin says, trying to act all innocent and sincere.

“What does that even mean?” Yukio yells at Rin. “I don’t have time to play your games right now! Go home!”

“No way!” Rin replies, sticking his tongue out.

Their conversation is interrupted by a loud crashing sound, and we all look over to where it came from.

“This way, please!” The random exorcist said, running towards the sound.

“What’s the situation?” Yukio responded, rushing forward.

“Kuro, the Cat Sidhe guarding the South Rear Gate, has gone berserk. Currently, we’re sealing off the area within 1km of the rear gate road.” The exorcist says, huffing.