0.11 A walk in the dark

Flora

Ravenclaw lost. Again. We did try very hard, I would say it was a fair fight. Though, I have a feeling anyone else you'd ask would disagree.

In my defense, I caught the snitch.

"Oliver, I don't understand, why am I here?" The misguided and overly intense captain of the Gryffindor team dragged me down the hall to the Gryffindor tent.

"Sit." He demanded. I had been in the middle of cleaning up and gathering my things when he sent Cho in to get me. This had become a thing after every match against Gryffindor, so I had become used to it.

"Hey, Flora." Harry Potter said as I sat down next to him.

"Hi Harry, good game," I said, smiling. He returned it.

"Whitney, you caught the snitch but lost. Let's back that up." Wood said, staring at his strategy board.

"I'm tired of this," I whispered to Harry, "Erm, I don't know. It's really only my job to catch the snitch and I did that. But we still lost." I said, growing a little grumpy. I heard someone chuckle and smiled realizing it was George.

Oliver ranted on for another ten minutes as his team more or less quietly dispersed. I sat in my shorts and a tee-shirt, growing cold from sweating and being rained on.

"Hey, for you." I look over, seeing that George is handing me his quidditch jumper before sitting next to me. I wiggle in my seat, biting back a smile while heat rises in my face.

"Thanks," I said, pulling it over my head. I think back to the jumper he gave me when I was in the Astronomy Tower with him and how I still have it. I wondered if he knew and didn't mind or had forgotten about it.

"It's been very entertaining to see you here in our quidditch tent after games." He mused, looking at Wood. Most of the other players had snuck off.

"I have no idea why he does this. Do you think it's just me? Or the other team's seekers?" I asked, sighing with a smile.

"Haven't got the faintest clue but why don't we get out of here, yeah?" I nodded, smiling as I reached for George's extended hand. Quickly and quietly, in michivous George Weasley fashion, we tiptoed out of the tent, racing back down to the castle giggling and howling with laughter all the while.

"Phew! Glad that's over!" He sighed, dramatically. I laughed at his antics, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Thanks for helping me escape." I said in a teasing tone.

"Yeah, nearly cost me my quidditch career! And whatever could you possibly give me in return?" George exclaimed, throwing his hands up. In a bout of un-Flora-like confidence, I stood on the tips of my toes and placed a kiss on his cheek.

George, much to my surprise was rendered compeltely silent. His face now was tinted the same hue as his ginger hair. I smiled shyly, bitting my bottom lip to stop from smiling too wide. Partly wanting to have the upper hand with mysteriousness and confidence and partly because I was a little too mortified of what I had just done, I backed away, waving.

"Bye Georgie!"
~
Im splitting this chapter in half i felt like it was too long but now its kinda short oopsie don't fotget to like/share/comment! Update soon word count: 574