eleven

"Sunday huh. I don't wanna go to school tomorrow." You state lazily from where you lay on your bed, Mina lounging in the beanbag beside you.

"But we're in the hero course, why not?" She replies, laughing slightly. You shrug.

"Cuz' I'll have to wake up early. I hate waking up early." You sigh, you also hate the sound of your alarm at six in the bloody morning. Mina laughs.

"Well, we could go out again today, not that you came out with us yesterday anyway." She offers, you grimace. You should, but you don't want to. 

Sometimes, life just does you dirty like that, you bet the next time you actually want to go out no one else will.

"Naw, not today. Maybe like after school during the week, but I've decided this weekend is for chilling out. Sorry." You say. Mina mutters something under her breath and you smirk, knowing it was something particularly vulgar. 

A few minutes pass by as you two settle back into silence, then the pink alien beside you gasps dramatically.

"THERE'S A FESTIVAL IN THE CITY AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT?!?!?!? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!" She yells at the top of her lungs, deafening you.

"Oya? Oya oya?" 

"WE GOTTA TELL EVERYONE!! AND YOU ARE COMING!!!!" She continues yelling. You sigh defeatedly, there was no way in hell Mina would ever let you pass on a festival, even if you were sick. 

You watch as Mina bounds up, throwing open the door - nearly yanking off it's hinges in the process - and screams about the festival down the corridor. A few people emerge from their rooms, intrigued. 

Mina yells at everyone that hasn't come out of their room until they do, so eventually the whole class is gathered in the living room.

"Ok, first things first bitches!! We're all going to the festival in the city, and NO ONE is not coming. I mean it." A few annoyed groans could be heard, but Mina quickly shut them up. 

You glance around the room curiously, trying to figure out who wanted to go and who didn't. In the end, you couldn't be bothered to pay enough attention and look back to Mina, who's telling everyone to go get ready even though we still have another three hours before the festival starts. 

You sigh and retreat back into your room, not to get ready, but just because you don't feel like talking to anybody.

~ Time Skip ~

You and the rest of class 1a exit the dorm, shortly followed by the UA campus. You're not wearing a Yukata, like Mina, Ochako or Hagakure, or surprisingly even Midoriya and Ojiro, just a plain white dress. 

You walk beside Momo, conversating quietly while also half watching the others to make sure they're safe. It's common knowledge by now that you and Momo are the parents of the group.

When you arrive at the festival, it's already dark. 

The class decided to split into three groups, the Dekusquad, the Bakusquad and you, Kyoka and Momo. 

You suspect that people will drift apart later as well, most likely Bakugo and Kirishima, Midoriya and Todoroki, and maybe Tsu and Ochako (these are just my ships, you don't have to use them)

You, hopelessly crushing on Kyoka, hope you can manage to slip away with her to watch the fireworks later with her. But for now you decide to just stick with the others and have fun. 

You get candied apples, play festival games at the many stalls, buy more food, sit on a bench and chat. 

But soon enough, it comes within twenty minutes of the fireworks, and you're desperately trying to find an excuse to slip away with Kyoka. 

Finally, you just decide to plain ask if she wants to get something else to eat with you before the fireworks. To your delight, she agrees and the two of you stroll back through the streets towards the food area. 

You buy another candied apple with your crush, but before you have the chance to walk back to Momo and Hagakure, you take Kyoka's hand gently and stop.

"Kyoka, would you like to sit by the lake and watch the fireworks?" You ask, your face ablaze in the dark. You see her smile softly at you and your stomach flutters uncontrollably.

"Gladly." Her quiet voice rings out clear to you, even through all the noise of the crowded festival. 

After a second, you smile back and turn around, leading the way towards the bank of the river. 

When you reach it, you both sit down on the green grass in silence, patiently awaiting the fireworks.

"I don't think I said before, but you look beautiful, Kyoka." I whisper softly, not daring to look at her in fear of her seeing the blush blooming on my cheeks. I hear her quiet laugh, then her reply.

"You look very beautiful too, Y/n." My ears start to burn from my blush. 

I smile, but a loud boom and a shower of colours startles me. The dark sky far above lights up with bright, showing arrays of colours. 

Well, that's what I would see, if I was looking up. But instead my gaze is focused on the beautiful girl with purple hair and deep black eyes that reflect the sky above us. 

I smile unconsciously, memorised by the features I'm currently etching into my memory. I promise myself right there that I'll never forget this night, nor any other I spend with her. 

Suddenly, Kyoka's gaze falls from the sky to land on me. 

In that moment, I don't blush, or feel embarrassed that she'd caught me staring, or flustered. All I feel is calm as I stare into the endless void of her mysterious eyes. 

I feel myself leaning in slightly, and I see her do the same. Soon, I feel her warm breath tickling my face, but a moment later her soft lips pressed against mine. 

I edge closer, wrapping my arms around her waist and gently pulling her to me. 

After another moment, we reluctantly pull apart and I offer a small smile to her. She leans in again, but this time to press out foreheads together.

"Be my girlfriend." I whisper, almost silently. 

"Of course." She replies.