Chapter 14

The ride was silent, except for when he asked her for directions to her parents' home. A sinking feeling settled in the pit of her stomach. In less than thirty minutes, she'd be back at the house she'd run away from and face her father.

And she knew it would not end well.

The iron gates leading to her family's estate came into view and the car stopped before them. A guard stepped up to the car and Adriano rolled down his window. The big, husky man was about to ask who he was and what he wanted but as soon as he saw Ximena's face, he stopped short. He returned to the gate and signalled the other guard to open it up, as he talk out a comsat and spoke into it.

The car glided down the intricate driveway which led to the front of a massive house that had water features in front of it, as well as a silver SUV. The lawn for sure was well maintained and had large shrubs at different intervals. Overall, it was beautiful.

Adriano killed the engine. "Nice house."

Ximena just nodded her head. She stretched her hands on her lap as she sighed lowly, keeping her eyes on the ground. "You know, I'm sure everything's gonna be alright."

She shot him a glare. "You don't know that," she snapped. "My father is a very hard man...and he is going to be very angry. I'm somehow gonna get punished," she added in a whisper.

Just then, the front door opened up and Dolores all but ran out in a night robe. Ximena reluctantly got out of the car and was enveloped in a very large yet suffocating hug.

"Mi amor, mi bella...Ximena," she gushed in a quiet voice. She let go off her daughter and cupped her face. "I thought I'd never see you again," she cried, a few tears rolling down her ageless face.

Ximena smiled sadly. "I'm so sorry for leaving mama. I-"

She got cut off by Dolores giving her another hug. "Don't apologise. I understand what you did. I'm just glad you're back."

Adriano had gotten out of the car and extracted the suitcase. He stood awkwardly in the driveway, watching the two. Ximena's mother saw him and then went up to him and hugged him too. At first, he just stood there frozen with shock but soon reciprocated the action. She let got and held her hand in his.

"Thank you for bringing back my daughter home. You're a saint, hijo," she told him softly.

He offered her small smile. "You're...umm welcome," he answered slowly. He really didn't know what to do at the moment.

Ximena's mum took the suitcase from him and walked towards the door. "I'll just take this inside."

Ximena nodded her head and Dolores disappeared inside. Her gaze fell back to Adriano and quickly switched to a panicked one. She rushed up to him, standing a few inches away from him.

She gulped softly as she looked him in the eyes. "I cannot do this. Gosh, why did I just let you bring me here! This is not going to end well. I need to get out of here right now," she rambled and reahed for his pants pockets. "Give me your keys."

She began to fumble with his pockets but Adriano held her hands in his, feeling rather violated. "Stop that!" he yelled lowly, effectively make her stop but she didn't move away. "I'm going to say this once so please listen," he spoke menacingly and she immediately nodded her head.

"Running away from your problems isn't going to make them go away so stop doing it. This wouldn't be happening in the first place if you had just faced the music. Now I need you to start acting your age this instant. Go in there and face your father. Am I understood?" he finished off, and she nodded slowly.

Every time he told her to do something, she couldn't help but listen to him. There was something about him, maturity and authority perhaps, that had her under his control which could either be a good or bad thing.

Letting go of him, she gave him one last look before she too entered the house. She shut the door behind her and leaned against it. A second later she heard the car start and then pull away. Now there was surely no other way for her to escape.

Exhaling, she pushed herself of the door and made her way up the grand staircase in the foyer. Shuffling could be heard all over the house, probably from the maids. The sun was now peeking over the horizon and everyone would be down for breakfast maybe in the next hour or so. At the top of the stairs, Ximena was about to go to the east wing where her room was but heard some shouting from the west wing, where her parents bedroom was situated.

Not wanting to eavesdrop, she went to her room. Everything was exactly how she left it when she left. Bed intact, not a single stray item anywhere. Suddenly feeling a bit dirty from the 11 hour flight, Ximena made her way over to her bathroom. One by one, she discarded her clothes off. A bit curious, she sniffed her t-shirt and found it smelling like him.

A blush crept up her neck as she threw it in the laundry bin by the door and entered the shower. About half an hour later, she stepped out and wrapped a soft pink towel around herself, before going over to the sink to blow dry her hair.

Back in her room, she just got in her closet and picked a simple outfit that consisted of a blue tank top with the Gucci sign on it, some Calvin Klein ripped black jeans and a pair of black Balenciagas. Once done, she made her way downstairs to the dining room, where all but her father were situated. She inwardly sighed, content that he was down yet.

Andrea shot up from her seat, clad in her school uniform, and made a beeline for her older sister. "Ximena! I thought you'd never come back. I've missed you. I love what you've done with your hair too!" she gushed as she squeezed the life out of her.

She smiled as she pat her back. "I missed you too," she said softly. Once their embrace was done, they made their way over to the table and sat side by side.

Their mother cleared her throat, catching everyone's attention. "Salvador, aren't you going to welcome your sister back?" she asked her son, who had been in the middle of cutting his toast.

Salvador glanced at his older sister briefly, before going back to his food. "Hello," he said coldly and took a bite.

"Salvador," Dolores warned but Ximena stopped her.

"It's okay mum," she replied lowly, her eyes on her little brother.

Her relationship with Salvador had never been all that strong. He had always been jealous of her, with how she was going to be given the reigns of the family business and how she was undoubtedly their mother's, and possibly their father's, favourite child. He felt left out, forgotten even so over the years he grew to dislike her.

Before the tension could rise any further, a maid scurried into the room looking slightly terrified if anything. She went over to Ximena and whispered in her ear.

"Your father wants to see you in his office."

_________________
Another chapter for you my darlings. Do share and comment😘.

~Deetronite