C2. Confusing Interactions.

Sun was not as sunny as you'd initially thought.

After the run-down of the playground he'd given you, you figured he was over the whole assisstant thing he was upset about when you'd first met, but it felt more like he had been putting on a show for the tour.

Now whenever you tried talking to him or approaching him, he'd shove a child into your arms and run off to entertain another kid. Maybe you were just overthinking it, maybe you shouldn't have been so eager for his attention when clearly there was a mob of goblins to take care of, but it really felt like he was avoiding you. 'Or maybe he's just doing his job,' the reasonable half of you yelled.

Nonetheless, the first day went smoothly, besides you sulking over not being able to talk to Sundrop. Not that you wanted to. He was repulsive, actually. Quite the bitch. Yup. Could kiss your ass, for all you cared. Not that you did.

It was nearing the end of the day, and you were coaxing a shy girl out of a small, colorful tube you could crawl through and hide in. She had her pale arms wrapped around her baggy, pink dress, her black hair falling past her elbows and concealing her face as she worriedly stared up at you with huge, adorable bug-eyes.

After ten minutes of no such luck getting her to come out, you glance over at Sundrop to see if he could maybe help you get her out. But he's already staring at you, and his head quickly snaps around to appease a small group of kids crowding around his feet. Weird.

You stand up slowly, looking down at the tube with the girl in it before making your way over to Sundrop. He seems to be in the middle of a wild game explanation, and as you approach all you hear is, "Two... Three... GO!" before all the kids scatter for different parts of the playground in a fit of giggles.

You're only five feet away from him when he swivels his head around to look at you, and you stop suddenly. The tension that follows is enough to make you want to suckerpunch him in the face just to get him to stop staring at you, but obviously you don't.

"Hey, so," You begin, "There's a girl hiding and I can't get her to come out, do you think you could-"

"That's Maribelle," Sundrop replies without hesitation, "She hides a lot, usually when theres lots of new kids, or a new..." He pauses, averting his gaze for a moment before looking back up again. "Bring her some glue, googly eyes, and a rock. She'll be fine."

"A... I'm sorry, a rock?" What the fuck does she need a rock for? You look back cautiously, before turning back to see Sundrop giving you a blank stare.

Another moment of silent tension. Another thought of suckerpunching him, though this time it's followed by a thought of drop-kicking him before he finally says, "You... put the googly eyes on the rock. It's a pocket-friend. She likes making them."

"Oh," You reply like an idiot. Of course. Rock friends. Right. Every child's dream. You stare past Sundrop, slowly looking around the playground without actually moving. He stares at you expectantly. "So, where's the-?"

"Oh, right, of course," He mumbles.

"Yeah."

"Sorry."

"You're fine."

You follow Sundrop as he deflatedly skips to a cream-colored gate with stickers all over it. He basically passes through it like a ghost with how effortlessly he pushes it aside and trots through the opening. You follow him through a small, dim hallway with scuffed, painted dinosaurs and rainbows on the walls.

He steps into a room a bit brighter, with baby blue walls and a table filled with all the art supplies you could dream up. He boogies to the table and sweeps up a bunch of things as you awkwardly watch.