C11. Hide 'n Seek.

So,... I kind of left y'all on a cliff hanger for a year.... my bad.. (jokes, I love you guys, and I really appreciate all of the support, even in my prolonged absence.🥺 I'm hoping to finally bring this story to an end with some more chapters, so look out for updates. I hope you guys had an amazing New Years.❤️I hope y'all can still enjoy this story despite the many plot holes😭)

You jog down the glossy floor of the colossal, empty entry room of the Pizzaplex. You grip Maribelle's hand tightly, pulling her along with you, noting how she's evidently holding her tears in better than you. Though you know she isn't far from crying. You need to find somewhere safe for her.

Freddy's room wouldn't be safe, considering the vent in it connects to all of the other animatronic's rooms. Plus, they're probably able to open the door anyways. You could easily rule that out as a dangerous space to be in. But where would you go now?

You hesitate, looking left and right wildly, trying to find somewhere, anywhere to escape to, a place safe for Maribelle. Her grip on your hand tightens, and she looks up at you expectantly. It should be comforting to know that she trusts you, but it's only slightly more pressuring to know that this little girl's life is in your hands. You don't get paid enough for this.

Keeping Maribelle close to you, you turn and start hastily walking towards the arcade. Given the arcade is usually dark, even during the daytime hours, you figure it'd be easy to hide away in the shadows. It doesn't take long, and you find the entrance easily; a row of electronic turnstiles with Freddy's smiling face on them, beckoning you to come closer. Oh how much easier this would be if Freddy hadn't run off to help his dismembered friend, only to be knocked out cold by the one monster he was protecting you from. But then again, Freddy would likely be useful as nothing more than a morally supportive, metal shield.

Reaching the small gates that mark the entrance of the arcade, you quickly grab Maribelle and lift her up and over its short frame. "Ooh!" she giggles, "Are we breaking in? This is so exciting, what if we get caught?" You smile down at her enthusiam, appreciative of her ability to lighten the mood even while on the run from murderous moonmen.

You step quickly over the gate and grab her hand again, leading her into the unlit, expansive space of the arcade. It isn't completely dark though, and despite being the dead of night it still seems to have a dim, ambient glow, even regardless of the lack of lights. Though it seems cool for most younger kids, the current circumstances just add it to the creepiness factor. Moon could be anywhere. Watching. Waiting. You shiver at the thought of his eyes on you.

After wandering around the arcade in random directions for a while, Maribelle finally asks, "Where are we going?" You hesitate to respond. Truthfully, you don't know. Anywhere away from him, is what you want to say. But before you can tell her the only plan you have is walking in endless circles, something catches your eye. In the dark you almost miss it, but you can see it more clearly now; a thin hallway, only a small break in the wall, but still there, a place you might be able to retreat to and hide away in without Moon being able to sniff you out, like the chihuahua he is.

"Don't worry, I've got it," You reassure her, quickly changing your direction and moving towards the inky hall. Once you're inside the hallway, it's impossible to make anything out. You can still see the rest of the arcade slightly when you turn around- the faint glow reflecting off of the glass of various arcade machines- but otherwise it's pitch black. Perfect.

Maribelle holds onto your hand tighter, and you squeeze it back in reassurance. Traversing down the corridor a little, keeping your free hand along the wall, you find that the hallway ends in a dead end. Strange, but at least it means nobody can surprise you from a second entrance. And the deep shadows should be able to hide the two of you until opening time. Even Sunny isn't that good at hide and seek.