C7. Round Two.

"So you don't have any awareness when Moon is active?"

Sunny nods, sitting with his legs crossed as he bends over a piece of paper, crayons in hand.

"That's hardly fair," You complain, watching as something with a tiny resembleance to a butterfly begins taking shape from under Sunny's blue crayon. He isn't a bad artist, he's just very... abstract.

"Moon thinks it's hardly fair that he's dormant all of the time," Sunny grumbles, solidifying the shape of the butterfly. Though it looks more like a piece of toast now.

"I still don't understand," You murmur, checking your watch to learn that it's now been an hour since the daycare shut and the kids went home. "Why is he always aware of what you see, but it's all hazy for you when he's the one in control?"

Sunny offers a lazy shrug, finding a yellow crayon. "After all the time he has to spend in our head, his conscience must've found a hack or glitch to get around it the mind-fog," -You smile as the name he gives it- "I really don't know or understand how Moon works." Your smile drops as you shiver

"So he's... watching now?" Sunny pauses for a moment at the question, then looks up at you.

"It's possible, but more often than not he's deactivated, submitting to what I usually see." He taps his crayon on his chin, then continues, "He says it drains his energy quicker than it does being the active one in the body. He won't tell me how he does it, though."

You think about this, then something strange occurs to you. "He told you this? But only one of you is ever out at a time, how?" You lean forward on your elbows suddenly, smiling. "Do you leave him notes?"

Sunny stiffens, his grip on the crayon tightening until you hear a slight crack and Sunny looks down, horrified yet slightly astonished. "Well," He chitters on nervously, "He has a way to... talk to me."

You grab his shoulders suddenly, an he nearly jumps a foot into the air. "What? How?" You demand, beginning to shake him back and forth, different crazy theories running through your mind.

"It's nothing special," Sunny says slowly, "He can just talk in my mind. It's really weird." You sink back, deflated. A bit disappointing, but probably makes more sense than half of the ideas you'd just come up with in a matter of moments.

"Anyways," Sunny continues, finally returning to his drawing, "He doesn't do it often. It also sucks up a bunch of power, and it gives me headaches." Sunny rubs his head absently. "Even though he doesn't have a physical head when he's... like that... I'd bet it gives him headaches too. Perks of sharing a body... aha."

You scratch your neck, thinking. "So... is he an alter ego of yours?" Sunny shakes his head at this, back to giving his toast-butterfly sunglasses.

"A brother?"

Sunny shakes his head again. "It honestly just feels like being crammed into a body with a stranger... though I don't suppose you'd actually know what that's like. I only know what he's told me about him, which is basically just a whole monologue about how hard it is being trapped all of the time." He pulls a green crayon out and begins drawing spikey grass. "I only even know what he looks like based on posters of him, and that golden statue up front."

You nod slowly, thoughts drifting away. You've been questioning Sunny for nearly an hour now, asking about all sorts of things. You can tell he's exhausted, so you figure you'll let him be for a while. You stand, deciding to explore a bit and give him a break. With a wave you exit the daycare.

-------------------------------------------------------

After avoiding many security bots, you find yourself in yet another long, dark hallway. Unfortunantely the security bots don't seem to recognize you as a worker here, and after learning that the hard way, you had run as fast as you could for a somewhat deserted area. 'How big is this place anyways?'', you had wondered in bare awe.