C8. Double Cross.

The air flees your lungs as you crash below the surface of the ballpit.

You immediately push yourself to the surface, and honestly feel kind of underwhelmed. You might have even considered the drop fun if the circumstances were different. Like, maybe one less murderous moon man.

You haul yourself out of the pit, looking back up at where Moon had been. He's gone, of course. Toying with you like the stupid bitch-face he is.

The lights still off, you drag yourself towards the door. You desperately don't want to go climb through the playstructures in search of generators- though the fall was short, the angle you had landed at still packed a bit of a punch onto your limbs. Not to mention, Moon might pull that whole netting stunt again. You figure it's easier to put distance between yourself and the daycare.

You near the door, passing a few broken and knocked over chairs. Sunny would shit his pants if he saw that.

Reaching the wooden exit, you grab for the doorknob, only to be freeze up at the sound of a laugh like metal scratching on metal. Your heart flutters. Out of resentment. To be clear.

You don't even need to try to look angry as you swing your eyes to Moon, leaning on the wall next to the door and watching you with amused eyes. You'd like nothing more than to gouge them out, smash them to bits, and then throw them into a volcano. Then light the volcano on fire and throw it into another volcano.

You twist the knob to the door slowly, testing him, trying to find out whether he's trying to keep you locked in or not. He responds as you expect him to, stepping forward easily, flaunting the amount of power he has over you with calculated smugness. He reaches out to grab your wrist, and you pull back quickly.

"Why are you trying to leave?" His question comes out as a mocking murmur, "I thought we were having fun, little thing." He leans over to put his face level with yours, hands carefully held together behind his back as his head begins to rotate, imitating a puppy cocking its head. A very ugly, repulsive puppy, that is. With an attitude. That pushes you off balconies.

You scoff, not saying anything as you back up slowly. "Hm?" He coos, "What's wrong, darling?" He reaches a hand out to trace your chin, which you smack away at first contact. Stupid, stupid-

"Where are you going?" He hisses finally, breaking the act. He glances behind you, and you take the split second to dive to your destination; your hand easily connects with the spiky piece of a broken, faded purple chair leg.

Moon cries out and lunges for you as you bring the leg around in full swing like a baseball bat, and it seems to do the job of one. The chair leg splinters, pieces hitting the ground as your body follows the momentum of your swing and you fall onto your side. But it got Moon worse, and all you have time to see are sparks before your feet pick you up and accelerate you out through the doors.

You run as far as you can, flying up stairs and stumbling down hallways. You know the exit is closed, and it's almost two o'clock now- the doors don't open until six. You're going to have to find somewhere to hide for the next four hours.

———————————————

You finally stop for a breath, finding yourself in front of a massive statue of Freddy holding a microphone, reflecting the ghost of lights in all of his golden glory.

You sit for a moment in front of the statue, looking around. As hamster lady never gave you a tour, you have no idea where you are. You've been running through every open door you can find, circling for what feels like hours. Though reasonably, it's probably only been a half hour.

After a few minutes of being able to stretch your aching legs, you begin to doze off- it's not smart, though you almost can't help yourself. You're awoken by the sudden sound of a robotic voice calling out, wearied and longing. But it's not Moon's. Or Sunny's.