" I'll lead you to the Sun! " Comforting! Sundrop x Sad! Reader

Alright so this one is gonna be more like a comfort oneshot because we all have things in our life we're stressed about. ( You'll get through it, I know it ^^ )

The reader in this is a daycare employee ( so yes they are aged up ), and their having some troubles with their personal life. So they feel pretty down. But Bright Sundrop won't allow that!

Hope you guys enjoy it! :)

———————————————————————
Your POV:

Kid's are definitely a mystery. Wether it's wondering how they can have so much energy to how unbothered they are by the problems in life and are like little balls of sunlight.

Oh, to be a kid again. What you wouldn't give, heck, what ANY of us would give to be a kid again.

Not have to worry about paying this and that, job's, taxes. The list goes on and on.

But, there are some times in life that make it worth all the hardships. Those times when you feel like you've seen the light at the end of the tunnel.

Only thing is, there is no actual tunnel. Cause you see the light everyday.

The sound of bells jingling snapped you from your deep thinking. Sometimes you wish the company didn't design Sundrop's outfit the way they did, but it is heart warming when the disabled children are still able to interact with him.

He is made for children, after all.. you thought to yourself.

" Excuse me, Miss? I'm here to pick up my son. "
A lady was now at the front desk, patiently waiting for you to respond.

" Yes, of course! Could I ask what your son's name is, ma'am? " I held up my clipboard ready to check names.

" His name is Theodore, but he goes by Theo. " She responded. And I saw his name right at the top.

" Yes, Theo. I'll get him right away, please wait here ma'am. " I stood up from my chair, walking over to the main play area.

Thankfully there weren't a lot of kids here today, so it was easy to remember faces. I immediately spotted him with Sundrop. When wasn't there a time he wasn't playing with a child?

I couldn't help it as a small smile came upon my face. They sure did look like they were having fun. Sundrop was making a puppet of Theo so he could take it home. Even if it did look kinda..crappy.

Snapping yourself from yet another one of your moments, you began walking over to them.
—————————————————————————
Sundrop's POV:
Just a bit of glitter glue here...and finally the googly eyes! The puppet was completed.

" Ta-Da! Here you go, little friend! " I handed the child his present, to which he accepted it graciously. " Now, you can show your friends your little you! And even do plays for them! "

" Wow! Thank you, Mr.Sun! It looks just like me! " Theo exclaimed, happy with his present. That's when I heard a soft voice behind me.

" Excuse me, Theo? It's time for you to go. Your mother is waiting for you in the front. " It was (Y/N).

" Aww, but I wanted to keep playing with Mr. Sunnn! " he whined.

" I know, Theo. And I'm sorry to take you away from him but your mother needs to take you home. I'm sure Mr. Sun doesn't mind, don't you Sundrop? " They then looked at me in the eyes.

They had a sad look to them.

I brushed it off, nodding at the two. " Y-Yeah! I don't mind at all! C'mon little friend, you don't wanna worry your momma do you? "