[CHAPTER ONE]

It was August. She hasn't heard from Julie or Fulton for months, the only Duck she was in contact with was Dean.

The bright summer sunlight peaked through Eurydice's floral curtains, although it was summer, Eurydice was far from enjoying herself.

After the first few weeks, the summer got boring and stale, there wasn't anywhere to go anymore, her and her friends had already been to every mall and skate park in town.

She rolled over to her right to glance at her clock on the nightstand. She knew it was no where close to a reasonable time to just wake up, the sun was too bright and the temperature was too warm to be morning.

Eurydice was surprised too find out that she had set a new record for herself, 3pm.

She swore she slept at an okay time.

Her brain was still buzzing slightly, Eurydice's eyes were still droopy and her hair was a whole haystack.

Two loud knocks were heard outside her room, Eurydice groaned at the two loud thumps that rang in her head.

"WHAT?"

Elton's voice was heard from the opposite side of the door, "There's a letter for you, it's from some prep school."

Prep school? Eurydice didn't apply to a prep school, her mom would never be able to afford it. She wasn't even aware that there was a prep school in her area.

Eurydice walked out of her room to start her morning routine, if she was going to read a mysterious letter she wasn't going to do it in morning breath and dry skin.

As she walked to the living room Eurydice saw Elton on the couch reading a piece of paper, "What're you reading?"

"Holy shit dude." Elton gasped as his eyes blazed through the lines of the letter.

Eurydice furrowed her brows, "What?"

Her brother turned to face her with his mouth agape, "Just read it."

Dear Miss Johnson we are pleased to inform you that you have been offered an athletic scholarship by Eden Hall Academy for your high school education, the finest preparatory school in Minnesota.

Our administration has offered you and the rest of the USA Ducks full ride scholarships to our fine academy.

There will be a short ceremony on the 30th of August, Saturday 12pm. It will take place at Eden Hall Academy, our dorms will open early for the stay of you and a few of your other teammates.

Sincerely, the Eden Hall Academy administration

Eurydice couldn't believe what she was reading, she wasn't aware of this.

The rest of the Ducks also received the same letter? She would be able to go to high school with Dean...

Eurydice ran up to her room and called the first number she could think of.

"Hey, Dean did you get a letter from some prep school?"

Dean was on the other line, "Ya, pretty sweet but not sure about it being a prep school."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just not so sure about going yet but I'll go to the ceremony thing."

Eurydice felt a little worried, did Dean not want to attend school with her? She felt so excited, it would be a pity if he didn't feel the same.

They didn't talk much after, after he hung up Eurydice couldn't help but feel her heart get heavier.

She missed Dean dearly, sure they talk over the phone but she missed him in person. Eurydice missed his smile, his eyes, the slight wrinkles that would form when he smiled wide. She missed him.