[CHAPTER SEVEN]

(A/N can ya'll notice what imma pull towards the end of this story yet cuz it's there if u squint in the previous few chapters. I'm interested in the theories and comment them if you'd like

i might give away a hint if someone gets it right)

~

"Doesn't he have school to go to?" Eurydice complained as the phone rang for what had to be the hundredth time that afternoon.

Julie groaned, "The one day a week we don't have practice and we can't catch a break."

Eurydice sighed, ever since Dean called her, he didn't stop. At first, Eurydice would still pick up and tell him to go away but when he just wouldn't give up both her and Julie started to ignore those calls.

"Maybe you should answer one more time." Julie reasoned, she covered her ears with her pillow, the cheap thin cushion doing nothing for her ears.

"No! No way, absolutely not. He doesn't deserve to even have an inkling that he's having any sort of effect on me." Eurydice huffed, she continued to pace around the small dorm, arms folded and face scrunched up.

Finally, the ringing stopped. A sweet silence fell onto the girls, the absence of the insufferable, ear piercing ringing at last gone.

For now.

In the short moment of silence a knock came from the door.

Eurydice opened it to reveal Kenny and Fulton holding a box of doughnuts and two thick files.

"Group study? We brought sugar and carbs." Kenny asked, holding up the box as Fulton stood behind him with a pleading smile.

Eurydice let the two boys in, "Hope you guys don't mind the mess, our studying was interrupted by something."

Julie scowled as she sat up from her bed, "More like someone."

Kenny looked at Eurydice in confusion, Julie's negative energy making him uncomfortable.

"Portman called."

Fulton's eyes bulged out of his sockets, "He called?"

Eurydice nodded, "I turned him away and he has been trying to get me to pick up ever since."

Julie groaned, "He called at 2am last night. It's a school night I need at least five hours of sleep and he has-"

Eurydice patted her friend on the shoulder, wanting her to end her rant and focus on what they had to do.

"He didn't even call me." Fulton scoffed, opening his chemistry textbook. He'd rather just forget it or at least ignore the Portman situation, he had missed Dean dearly the past few days and not a word.

Eurydice put a hand on Fulton's shoulder, "Oh please don't expect anything much from him anymore, I thought he'd call you first before calling me."

Fulton shook his head, "Nothing. He just told me he bailed cause Bombay bailed but you and me both know that's bullshit."

His anger was prevalent as it radiated in the dorm, heat was practically coming off of him as he flipped his textbook so hard the page almost ripped in half.