[CHAPTER FIVE]

Eurydice was finally finished with all her classes, it was 3pm and she was exhausted, if she had known that eighth grade would be the last year she could slack, she would have done it more often.

Both Eurydice and Julie decided to walk to their first practice together, it was a way to calm the nerves.

New coach, new uniforms, new place, new team.

As excited as Eurydice was about the changes, change still brought fear to Eurydice, millions of different scenarios raced through her mind.

What if the coach turned out to be a dick?

What if Jesse and Portman's absence caused the team to spiral?

What if-

"Hello? Earth to Eurydice? Did you hear a word I just said?" Julie huffed, snapping her fingers in front of Eurydice's face.

Eurydice's head whipped to face Julie, she gave an apologetic smile, "Sorry just thinking about stuff."

Julie groaned as her head leaned back, she pinched her nose bridge and sighed, "Eurydice, stop worrying, this coach Orion is going to be fine. As long as we stick together, we're gonna get through this. Stop being so pessimistic."

Eurydice laughed, "Alright, alright but if he turns out to be an asshole I'm blaming you for making my standards too high."

~

"Wow, this place is great."

To say that Eden Hall was funded was probably the biggest understatement of all time. They built a whole new building just for a rink and a court on the second level.

The locker rooms were almost as big as Eurydice's living room back in Miami.

"This is a nice rink." Eurydice said, still completely in awe at the space they had.

"It's huge." Connie added, her eyes as wide and bright as a child in a candy store.

Goldberg chuckled as he thought of the endless possibilities when it came to a well funded school, "Bet the vending machines here are huge."

"Big deal." Fulton scoffed, trying hard to act unimpressed at their new school's top of the line facilities and equipment.

None of them, except for Banks, had ever laid eyes on such a new and not to mention gigantic school indoor ice rink. How could they not get at least a little excited about this? It was a sight to behold.

The flags that hung from the ceiling down to the bleachers showed every single year the school had won championships and let's just say you could barely see the bland wallpaper.

"They sure have won a lot of championships." Julie gasped, there definitely was a reason why hockey was the most popular sport in the school.

Kenny pointed at another group of hockey players at the other end of the rink, they were the seniors that were heckling the Ducks earlier that day.

"They're huge."

Charlie scoffed, "They're not so hot."

Eurydice shrugged, "Eh, I'd beg to differ." Julie and Connie giggled at Eurydice's subtle joke that none of the boys seemed to catch.

As they entered the rink, the Varsity team were leaving to make room for them to practice.

The main douche of the group turned out to be the captain with a bright yellow C on his black and red jersey.