Chapter One

The Smith's House in the picture

Monday Morning
Garrett's POV

Peaking one eye open I see that my personal alarm clock is gently shaking me awake. Also known as my oldest brother Andrew. He knows I'm not a morning person and Mondays are the worst. I roll over to get away from his annoying hands. I just want to sleep. I do school online anyways so does it really matter what time I start. If I ask any of my brothers that they would disagree and say it does matter and education is important! Blah blah blah if you ask me!

Andrew: Wake up Garrett, you need to get ready for school.
Garrett: No! Leave me alone, I need sleep.
Andrew: I'm not asking again little boy. I will take you over my knee first thing this morning. Now get up before I make you.

Deciding to ignore him I close my eyes and try to go back to sleep. Bad idea. That only lasts for about five seconds. My dearest brother decides he is tired of waiting for me and scoops me out of bed under my arms like a toddler. I let out a yelp of surprise since I don't like to be picked up especially not suddenly. He acts like I don't weigh anything. He smacks my butt five times to try and get me to stop struggling. This just makes me more angry.

Garrett: Put me down you big meany! I can walk and get ready myself!!
Andrew: Nope! This is what happens to little boys that don't listen.

He carries my unwilling body into the bathroom. He finally puts me down and we have a stare off. I look away first because even though I know none of my brothers would ever hurt me, they are all pretty big and intimidating. Even my brother Ethan who is only 17.

Andrew: Are you going to get a shower on your own or do I need to help you?
Garrett: (Yelling) I can do it by myself, you can leave now!!!

I try to push him out of the bathroom in my fit of anger, but he doesn't move.

Andrew: Who are you shouting at and pushing Garrett???

I don't respond and just glare at him with my arms crossed. I know it's serious because he called me by my name instead of an annoying nickname.

Andrew: You better lose the attitude little boy or you will be getting another punishment after your shower. Now get ready for school before I spank your ass raw!
Brody: What the hell is going on in here?!?
Andrew: Just little boys not listening!
Brody: Garrett, I know you don't want a spanking this early so please get in the shower and get ready for school.
Andrew: We will talk when you are done Garrett. This isn't like you and I need to know what's wrong okay buddy?

I don't say anything but I nod at him. He finally goes to leave, but not before I notice we had an audience. Ugh, why is everyone in this house so damn annoying?!?!? I am 15 years old and I can do things myself. I slam the door in my older brothers faces and finally get in the hot shower. I can't deal with that shit this early in the morning. I need more sleep, I was having nightmares about my parents last night, so I didn't sleep well. Today is going to be a long day.

After my hot shower, I change into some comfy sweats and one of Ethan's giant hoodies. Why is everyone so large around here?!? I got crap genes that's for sure! Everyone besides me and my mom are or were above 6'. Not sure where my height came from since my mom is 5'9 and I am only 5'. Deciding not to dwell on something I can't change I head downstairs for breakfast and to have a talk with Andrew and more than likely Brody too. He and Andrew try to take on the "dad" role now that our dad is gone. They do a good job, but it's not the same. Our parents did leave us a nice house, cars and plenty of money though. This helps Andrew out, so he is not so stressed trying to raise the younger boys.