Chapter Eight

Kitchen in the picture
Time skip: A few weeks later

Garrett's POV

Ethan turned 18 a few days ago. Cody, Daniel and him keep talking about moving out and getting their own apartment. I understand, but I will miss seeing them every day. They say I can come visit and have sleep overs, but it won't be the same as them living here. Little me is having a hard time with this, but what can I do they are adults. They probably want to start their own lives. I just can't figure out why Andrew and Brody don't think the same. I mean I don't want them to leave me, but I would understand.

Cody: Andrew, Brody and Garrett, Daniel, Ethan and I have decided we are moving out and into an apartment.
Daniel: Yea it's time and we need our own space.
Ethan: Yea what they said. We also need to tell y'all something.
Brody: What is it?
Cody: Daniel, Ethan and I are all in relationship with each other. That's why we need to move out so we can be together. We love each other and we know most think it's wrong, but we can't help how we feel.

No one says anything and I just sit there shocked. Did he just say what I think he did. Wow. That is a lot to take in.

Andrew: Wow, well this is shocking, but we support all three of you and still love you. I understand the need to move out, but please visit and have us over. Your baby brother needs to see his other brothers.
Brody: I agree with Andrew, I don't agree with that life style, but I will support the three of you. Be carful though because that will not be excepted by society.

Everyone looks at me and I start crying. I don't care that they love each other in that way I just don't want them to leave me.

Garrett: I don't want y'all to leave me.
Cody: Oh buddy, we already told you we will come visit and have you and the others over. Sound good?
Garett: Yea, I'm just sad. I will miss y'all.
Daniel: (shouting) Group hug!!!

Everyone hugs and somehow I get crushed in the middle.

Garrett: Can't breathe!!
Daniel: Whoops sorry little dude.

That would explain why the three of them were always together! Yikes, what have I missed. Oh well, such is life. The three lovers leave to go pack since they apparently already bought a place. They move in tomorrow. It will just be me, Andrew and Brody around the house now. I just hope they don't leave me. I'm only 15 almost 16 I still need them.

Garrett: Daddy, you and Brody no leave me?
Andrew: Of course we won't baby. You will be with us at least until you are 18 okay?
Brody: Yea! You are stuck with us cutie!

I just nod my head and hug both of them. I don't want to be sad; but three of my five brothers are leaving. Today sucks! I decide to go play and forget about everything for a while.

Brody: Where are you going buddy?
Garrett: To play.
Brody: Okay, be safe. We are going to go help your brothers pack.

I don't respond and head to my playroom. I decide to play with my race cars and get lost in my own little world.

Brody's POV
Andrew and I both know Garrett is sad about the other boys leavening, but he had to know it would happen at some point. He will be okay. We finish helping the boys pack and load up their cars. Most of their own stuff fits in their own car. The apartment is furnished except for the bedrooms. They will be taking their bedroom sets with them. The moving truck will be here at 8am tomorrow. Luckily their apartment is only a few blocks from us so they will still be close by for Garrett's sake.

Andrew: Little man is having a hard time with this.
Brody: I know, I wanted to give him some space/time, but he may need us more now than ever.
Andrew: I agree! I hope tomorrow goes smoothly and we can skip the tears.
Brody: I hope so! Maybe once he sees how close they will be he will be better.
Andrew: I hope so!

Daniel, Cody and Ethan decided to take most of the smaller stuff over tonight. Andrew decides to go with them and I stay back with Garrett. We will have pizza for dinner and spend one last night together. We will all help them get settled in tomorrow. I head to the play room to find a passed out little boy. I quietly clean up his cars and gently pick him up. I can tell he has been crying and it breaks my heart. We may have a little boy on our hands for a while due to his stress.

I strap him to my chest in an adult baby seat and get busy cleaning the house. I order pizza and do some laundry. I just don't want him to wake up alone. Once the house is back in order I gently take Garrett out and bounce him to wake him up.

Brody: Did you have a good nap baby?
Garrett: Yea. Where daddy and bubbas?
Brody: They should be back any minute. I ordered pizza for us.
Garrett: Yum pizza! Bubba I'm hungry.
Brody: You need some food in your tummy?

Before he answers I throw him on the couch and start ticking him hard.

Garrett: No, stop. Gonna pee

I let him go and he runs off to use the bathroom. The pizza gets delivered and they other boys arrive home soon after. Garrett walks down the stairs and over to his brothers.

Garrett: (sassy)Where you been?
Cody: We had to take stuff to the apartment. What have you been doing?
Garrett: (thinking face) playing and napping
Daniel: Must be nice little bro!
Ethan: Yea! You could have helped us move stuff.
Garrett: Nope! Not my job! You leaving me anyways.

Garrett runs off and I get the pizza and plates out and everyone sits down. Garrett comes back in soon after and comes over to me.

Garrett: Sit with you bubba?
Brody: Aww of course

I place Garrett in my lap and give him a piece of pizza. He starts eating and ignores the world. I think this is the longest he has been in little space since we started this. He is being extra clingy and not complaining about being held or carried. I think he is taking his brothers leaving harder than we originally thought. We finish dinner and decide to watch a movie. He cuddles on the cough with the three that are leaving. They give him lots of attention and that seems to help some.

Once the movie is over we all head to bed. He once again comes over to me.

Garrett: Sleep with you?
Brody: Of course bubs, tell everyone good night
Garrett: Night night

We head to my room after Andrew and I exchange a pointed look. Poor baby is trying to be strong about them leaving, but he is struggling. I put him in the bath and get one of my shirts and some clean underwear for him to sleep in. I set my alarm and give Garrett his paci. We cuddle in bed and soon enough both of us are fast asleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.