The People Who Love Harry Potter

Happy 42nd Birthday, Harry Potter!!

Lily Potter

He was her baby boy and there was suddenly no one else in the world that she loved more.

He had her eyes. Big green emeralds behind James' black messy hair, a little piece of her inside of James. It was a beautiful sight to see and she adored it all. She was the most devoted mother you could ask for. Anything her baby boy needed she would get it to him immediately, she focused all her attention on him and his father. Him more than the father. She would give her life for him.

And she did. She pleaded and begged to be killed instead and that love, devotion and sacrifice saved her baby.

She watched over him. Furious of the treatment he received from her family, classmates, teachers, Severus, the government...they all treated him badly and didn't deserve him at all.

She was called from the land of the dead to walk his final steps with him.

She watched him hungrily.

He was her little boy. The baby she longed to hold in her arms again...there was no one else she could love more.

James Potter

He was a father.

He was a father.

He had a little boy who looked just like him but with Lily's beautiful eyes. He was holding the most precious treasure he has ever had. This was far more precious than his invisibility cloak or map. This was his own flesh and blood. A beautiful baby made with Lily.

He loved spoiling his little boy. His Harry. Harry would have the best – best clothes, best toys, best pre-Hogwarts lessons, the only best he won't have is a father because let's face it James could never be his own father. But he had James, and Sirius and Remus and Peter to look after him. Four fathers! Isn't the boy lucky?

"You're spoiling him rotten," Lily laughed when James came home with another toy to present to Harry. Harry was only three months old and was laying content in James' arms as James pressed a kiss on his forehead.

"I spoil everyone I love, just like I spoil you," James said kissing his wife.

If only he could have spoiled Harry. His beautiful baby turned into a sweet but lost little boy when James and Lily were taken so cruelly away from him and he was left at Lily's sisters. The sweet lost boy grew into a brave selfless man.

James couldn't be prouder.

He couldn't love him more than he ever had.

Sirius Black

He was never a type to settle down and get married and therefore he had no trouble writing a will to leave everything to James Potter's child before it was even born.

When Harry was born, Sirius rewrote his will simply to state the kid had stolen his heart. The baby only had to look at him with his emerald eyes and he was a goner. Hours were spent playing and entertaining the baby. He taught Harry to walk much to James' disappointment, he tried to get Harry to say Padfoot for his first word (to all Marauder's disappointment though Harry's first word was 'Mummy') and he constantly held the baby in his arms and tickled him to make him giggle that adorable laugh.