⚡🦋Maki Zenin [aftercare]

•Picture: panel from the manga

__________________________________________________

Hitting the punching bag two more times you decided it's a good idea to wrap up your trainig. You opened the windows to let some fresh air into the gym, while putting the matresses you had used back into place. As everything was as it has been before you grabbed your water bottle and strolled along the hallways of Jujutsu Tech. Turning left and then right it didn't took long till you stood infront of your tiny appartment and swung open the door.

"You shouldn't leave your room unlocked with Gojo strolling around here." A familiar voice called out. You smiled at Maki, who was laying on your bed, while she held a magazine in her hands. "I got nothing to hide Maki." You answered as you let the door fall into the lock. Maki swung her legs from the bed, plummeting herself on her elbows. She watched your every movement closely, as if she wanted to observe and catch every little detail.

Maki got up and wrapped her arm around your waist from behind as you took out a towel from your drawer. You turned in her embrace tracing your hands up her chest to slip to the back of her neck. She lowered her head meating your lips in between. You were a little surprised but her soft lips pulled you deeper into the kiss and you could feel every inch of your skin start to ache with longing. As she pulled back just a little a thin string of salvia still connected your mouths.

One of her hands traced up and came to rest on your shoulder. The other slid around your back to tug you a little closer. All that while pushing you backwards till you hit the kitchen counter. You propped yourself up on it while being held in a slightly backwards leaning pose.

"Ma-ki" you tried to talk but she interrupted you with yet another lustful smooch. You turned your head to the side making her caress your cheeck. "I'm all sweaty from training, let me go shower first please." You mumbled flustered. Heat rushed towards your face and by the way Maki chuckled you knew you must be stupidly red.

She let go of you as she chuckled on her way back onto your bed. "Alright, but hurry up I want cuddles." Now it was you giggling. Earning an irritated glare from your girlfriend you grabbed the towel and rushed into the bathroom.

It didn't took you long to undress and jump underneath the running water. Closing your eyes you let some seconds pass to enjoy the warmth of it. You just opened your eyes as you suddenly felt someones hands rest on your waist. "Let me help cleaning you." Maki stood behind you, placing her head onto your shoulder as she wrapped her arms tighter around you.

You've never felt as hot before as you did now. Still in her hug you turned around. "Maki your clothes will be soaked if you stay in here any longer." Your hands already fidled towards the water regulator, but she smashed her hand onto yours as she took a step forward, pinning you against the wall. Her gaze faced the ground not revealing her face to you.

"Maki?" You muttered uncertain. She didn't answer. Instead her leg found rest between yours, pushing herself further against you. More blood traveled to your face leaving you red as a tomato. "M- Maki? What are you-"

Her head shot upwards to lock eyes with you. The stern look in her eyes made you gulp. As she realized how worried you were her facial expression softened into a smug smile. "I can't believe I got so worked up over nothing. But when I saw you talking so casually with Mai today, I couldn't help but get annoyed at how sweetly you laughed with her. Gosh why do you hold such power over me?! Huh, it's ridiculous." You looked at her in disbelief.

Did she just say she was jealous of you and Mai? No it couldn't be. Never ever would Maki Zenin get jealous over something this insignificant. She never has, why now?

Her gaze lowered again. A chuckle escaped her throat causing goosebumps to appear on every part of your body. Slowly she leaned closer to you placing her head on your shoulder once more. A deep sigh rang through your ear, just where her mouth brushed it. "You know, I've been thinking all day how I could get rid of this stupid feeling. And I came to the conclusion, that I just can't." Her tongue traced along your earlope leaving a tinlgy feeling reverbrating in you.

"Why is it like that? That's the question I just couldn't figure an answer to. How are you able to make me feel such things? Why do I care to whom you're talking to and how you are talking to them? Why do you make me care? How are you able to comfort me in all the ways you do while also making me anxious to loose you? Why does your encouraging smile make my heart pound? And how on earth am I gonna deal with that?"

Another chuckle echoed around the room. A sigh. Argh. Her teeth sunk into your skin right above your collar all of a sudden. Not too deep, but enough to leave a mark now that she sucked the bitten skin. "Maki." Her name rolled off your tongue in such a bittersweet melody it only fanned her desire to find an answer. "Maki I love you." Your free hand found it's way into her hair, tugging on it lightly.

She lifted her head from your shoulder, leaving a tender kiss shortly before. "I- I think I- . I'm sorry-" Her voice cracked, it always did. She just couldn't bring herself to say it. "Don't be." You knew she has it rough, there is no point in being mad about her incapability of confessing to you. "Don't push it if you can't feel it yet-" "But I do! I do." Tears filled her glassy eyes. "I do, so why can't I just fucking tell you!?" A sob followed the other till it turned into a heartbreaking cry.

You turned off the water before pulling her into a comforting hug. "I love you Maki. And I know you love me too, no matter if you can express it in words or not." The both of you slid down the wall till you sat on the cold ground. Maki crawled further into your warm embrace. Your hand stayed in her hair patting it, while also caressing her back.

Maki's sobbing got louder with each second, it broke your heart to see her like that. She always seemed to be the strong and independant women she pretended to be. But in her innermost she was a child, abused and hurt by her family. A fragile little girl that needed reassurance, comfort and support. She covers that with her sassy attitude, but when you were alone with her, she would often seek comfort in you.

"There is more than just one way to tell me how much you care. I know you love me back by the way you look at me, how you start to smile whenever I do. The support you give me, the helping hand that reaches out to me, when I'm at my lowest. I can feel it in your hugs, your kisses, the way you make love to me, even when only our fingers are intertwined. Maki you show me your love and affection every day with your actions. You don't need words."

You placed a kiss onto her hairline as you smiled sweetly at her. Hope lit up in Maki's eyes, some sort of relief she had craved for. You grabbed a towel and covered the both of you with it. Wiping away her tears with soft touches of your fingers. Carefully you tugged a strand of hair behind her ear. The crying became less and she seemed a little more stable now.

"Thank you. You always now what to say." Another tender smile graced your face. She loved it when you put that expression on. It just made you look astonishingly beautiful. And most importantly it caused her to instantly feel better. A saccharine chuckle dripped from your lips as your fingers run over her back.

"What are you laughing at?" She pouted cutely. "Oh nothing, you're just adorable being so small in my arms right now, even though you are actually taller than me." Your eyes sparkled at her, more now that she tried to hide her blushing face in your neck.

"Let's get out of the shower and dress on something dry. We can cuddle afterwards if you'd like to do so." Maki nodded as you pulled on her wet shirt. Slowly she stood up, handing you the towel that covered the both of you earlier. You took it thankfully before wrapping it around yourself. Maki already hurried outside the bathroom as she abruptly came to a stop at the doorframe. You observed her curiously.

Turning around you locked eyes again. For a moment the world seemed to have stopped turning and time was stuck. Pure happiness adorned Maki's gaze: "I love you Y/N." Your mouth slipped into the brightest smile you could show, reaching your eyes as they sparkled in surprise.

"I love you too Maki."

__________________________________________________

Word count: 1564

Don't be afraid to request something :)