Honey And Lime

Viktor x gn! reader | SFW | 1.8k | Viktor catches a cold during winter, gladly, you know exactly how to make him recover.

8k | Viktor catches a cold during winter, gladly, you know exactly how to make him recover

Stubbornness was Viktor's fatal flaw, you confirmed that fact the day after Christmas. Working along two mad geniuses who had Piltover's future in their hands meant vacations were limited, even during the holidays. You put on your warmest jacket, a pair of gloves and a scarf before heading to the lab, taking into account the winter in The City of Progress could make anyone catch a cold... since that's what happened to you last year. You loved to watch the snow falling on the streets, decorating them with the beautiful white layer, however, your body couldn't resist cold temperatures very well, so you had to rely on the warmest clothes you owned to survive the cool weather while walking to the Academy's lab.

Since you arrived a little earlier than usual you expected the room to be empty, to your surprise, Viktor was already there, working focused on some documents he left unfinished two days before. You notice the big window in front of his desk was opened, so you rushed to close it and stop the cold from coming inside the lab. You would have completed the task successfully if it wasn't for Viktor, who stopped you before your hand could reach the glass, saying it wasn't necessary to close it.

You looked at him confused. It was freezing outside yet he wore his usual clothes, rolled-up sleeves but no warm clothes to cover up. Not to mention, Viktor's health started to show certain complications a week ago, making him cough from time to time, so you worried the weather might worsen it.

"You'll get sick if you leave it open, you know?" You arched a brow at him, concerned.

"It's alright de-Y/n." He smoothly corrected himself before calling you a pet name he only said in his mind, maintaining his eyes stuck on the documents. "I can handle a little cold, trust me."

You didn't, the man had no sense of self-preservation, but you let it slide and sat down to help him with his current work.

Jayce arrived a couple of minutes later and a similar conversation took place between the two gentlemen, sadly, ending with the same result: the opened window. You and Jayce shared a feeling Viktor would end up regretting his decision, but you didn't say anything and continued working, hoping Viktor would close the window eventually.

He didn't.

A joyful Jayce greeted you when you arrived at the lab the next day, but he was alone, no sign of Viktor in the room.

"Guess who has the flu." He laughed.

You sighed, disappointed but not surprised, thinking Viktor's obstinacy would kill him –and yourself– one day.

"What would I owe you if I leave you working by yourself for today?" You asked him with a barely noticeable concerned look on your eyes, but Jayce could read right through you: he knew you wouldn't leave Viktor alone while he was sick.