Enchanted To Meet You

Viktor x f!reader | SFW | wc: 3.4k + extra story| On his deathbed, Viktor remembers all the moments he shared with the love of his life, hoping he can see you again... even in another life.

 even in another life

Zaun, Runaterra. Year 1.020

It was ironic, but he didn't mind at all, not after all those years.

Life and time were always something Viktor desperately chased after since he can remember, to the point of replacing all his flesh with steel, leaving almost every trace of his humanity behind to mechanical augmentations, becoming The Machine Herald. He was finally able to live without a limp, without his damaged lungs or any limitations the human body could come across. He became the closest definition to a god in the depths of Zaun and managed to help its population with his mind and creations, a Glorious Evolution, not only for him but for the Undercity.

But time runs out even for a god.

A miscalculation he didn't notice when creating his new body, specifically, when building the power unit meant to replace his beating heart, was the cause of an irreversible malfunction 30 years after being geared on his chest. He thought it could be fixed, like every other part in his body, but he was wrong. A single failure on a divine-built mechanical body was enough to crumble it all to pieces. He tried to repair his mistake, but soon found out he wasn't able to; not only because any efforts put on the task would be useless, but because if any screw was removed out of place it would cause his body to collapse immediately, concluding with a long-lasting pain until the power inside him stopped running: an inevitably hurtful death he didn't want.

Blitzcrank, his beloved invention, was there with him through it all. The golem expected his creator to be furious, knowing his life would come to an end at the age of 59 when his original intention was to, hopefully, become immortal. But, to his surprise, The Machine Herald accepted the slow painless death that time has planned for him with ease; no frustration, no fighting. He took his mask off, revealing the face of the man he used to be years ago, and asked the robot to stay by his side during his last days, taking care of him when his augmentations began to fail; he also ordered him to take good care of Zaun when he wasn't able to. Blitzcrank, intertwining its big mechanic pinky to Viktor's hand in an attempt of a pinky promise, swore to fulfill his wish no matter what.

That was the first time Blitzcrank saw his father cry.

The second time came a month later. Viktor had to be put in bed since he began to lose strength on both his arms and legs, being forced to ask the golem to help him dismantle the Hexclaw from his back so he could lay comfortably. Blitz, like the golden "son" he was, took good care of Viktor: making him sweet milk and reading him bedtime stories to sleep (even though the only books on the shelf were science and mechanic themed). That night, Blitzcrank went to the shelf to look for another book to read, but when trying to reach a leather-cover one, the book fell to the ground, and out of it escaped a piece of yellow old paper. Blitzcrank had always been curious in general, so it couldn't resist the impulse to investigate the paper's content.