Having Fun Down Here?

Vi groggily woke up in the middle of the night, the light of the moon shining through Caitlyn's window for illumination. She laid still for a moment, staring at the ceiling, caressing the sleeping Cait's back a few times. How did she manage to still be so pretty in her sleep? Vi smiled and kissed the top of Caitlyn's head before trying to shuffle out from underneath her. She was able to get mostly out and finally slinked her arm from under Caitlyn's head. The enforcer made a noise, something like a pouty groan, but she was still asleep. Vi nodded to herself and sat up on the side of the bed, hunched over, rubbing her eyes, giving herself a moment to process the world around her (As one does in the mornings).

After a moment or two she stood up and moseyed down to the kitchen, chilling a bit being only in an undershirt and panties, but not enough to cause any notable amount of discomfort. Her stomach grumbled as she walked down the stairs which was rather surprising to her. She thought that she had filled up quite nicely at the ball, after all, but maybe it was just the Topside food. Fills up fast but doesn't stick around. Frustrating, of course, but she figured it must be good for business. When she made it to the kitchen she opened the fridge and shuffled all the food around, looking for something that would satisfy her empty stomach, but coming up short. The cupboards didn't offer any solutions either, she was craving something specific. She had to sit down for a moment, stomach still grumbling, thinking of what she was wanting. It was frustrating to not be able to put a finger on it but she could at least come to the conclusion that it was something from Bottomside, which was a problem. She really didn't want to run all the way down to the Lanes just for a midnight snack, but she was rather hungry. But she also hadn't been down there for a little while so maybe it'd be nice to visit her old home while she was down there, take a short stroll, see what's happened to The Last Drop now that even Silco had died. What the Hell, she wouldn't be there too long, she'd be back in the morning for Cait to still wake up next to her. 

So Vi went back upstairs and opened up the closet, putting on the clothes she always used to wear down there, stolen jacket and all. But when she turned around to get to the door she noticed Caitlyn sitting up on the bed, staring at her with concern, confusion, fear, and a lot of drowsiness. 

"Vi, what are you doing? It's the middle of the night," she asked the boxer. Vi was frozen for a second, surprised to see her Cupcake awake.

"I, uh, I was just going out for a snack," she replied, still not moving too much. Caitlyn was starting to gain more consciousness as Vi nervously spoke, brushing her hair out of her face to see her fully-dressed Muffin preparing for a nighttime excursion. 

"What are you all dressed for? Just get something from the kitchen, we have plenty of snacks," Caitlyn told her, the tiredness starting to leave her voice. Vi dropped her arms at the realization Caitlyn wasn't just going to fall back asleep and forget this in the morning. She let her body relax and took a second to start speaking.

"But there's nothing I want in the kitchen, and there's food in the Lanes I'm really wanting right now," Vi explained. 

This made Caitlyn properly perk up. "You're going down to the Lanes for a midnight snack?" She asked with surprise. She sat still for a moment while Vi put on a nervous smile. "Damn it, Vi..."

Caitlyn tossed the blanket off herself and stood up, moving toward the closet and taking off her nightie. 

"What are you doing Cupcake? I can handle myself down there, I've done it all my life-"

"Exactly," Caitlyn interrupted, "you're long overdue for some backup then, wouldn't you say?"

Vi stood silently, not entirely sure how to respond. There wouldn't be much point in saying anything more anyway, once Cait set her mind to something there wasn't much anyone, including Vi, could do to stop her. So she got dressed, grabbed her gun, and they started to make their way down to the Fissures. Caitlyn was hopeful they could take an actual transport down this time, but seeing as it was the middle of the night none of them were running. She was forced to follow Vi's reckless parkour down yet again.