After Hours

I woke up to an announcement from the P.A. system.  It was distorted, but I could still tell what it was saying.

"It is now 12:00am.  Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Mega Plex is now closed.  See you soon!"

I slept in?  

My back felt stiff as I tried to move.  I was still in that play space from earlier.  I had slept through my entire shift.  I shivered at the thought of Sunny or Moon being mad at me.

Moon.

He told me to be in my room around this time.  Would he be angry with me?  I really hope not.  

I snuck around the play space until I found a slide to the ground.  I crouched into it and slid, my hair sticking to the yellow plastic with static.  I hit the ground nearly soundless.  

The children have all gone.  The lights were still on.  That was no surprise.  Sunny had to be around then.  If not, Moon must be elsewhere in the building.  

He warned me that the rest of the animatronics were not themselves after hours, and that it wasn't safe in the halls outside the daycare.  I needed to get through those halls to get to my room.

I debated leaving the daycare for the safety of my bed.  From the look of it, nothing was going to enter the daycare.  The desk employees had locked the doors and only Sunny and I had keys at night.  

It jingled in my pocket as I checked the lock.  It was closed shut.  

Through the door, I could hear heavy footsteps and the slightest sound of clanging metal.  The sound was far too loud to be Sunny's or Moon's.  Plus, I couldn't hear jingle bells.  Not safe.

I decided to wait in the daycare for Sunny or Moon to return.

I found some art supplies by the front desk.  Apparently, Sunny and Moon have their own designated drawers, full of things related to their jobs.  Sunny's drawer was full of arts, crafts and multiple story books.  Moon's drawer held small pillows, lavender oils and even his own story books.  His books were dusty as if untouched for a long time. 

Instead of touching Sunny's things, I just grabbed a pen and some old printer paper from the desk and doodled, waiting for anything to happen.  

After sleeping that long during the day, I couldn't possibly go to sleep now.  

"What do you have there?" I heard from behind me.

My heart jumped to my throat.  These two were never going to stop scaring me.

I turned to see Sunny looking over my shoulder.  He radiated heat, most likely from overuse.  

"You scared me a bit, Sunny.  Please give a warning next time," I told him.  I patted his head to show I wasn't upset.  In response, he gave me a hug.

"I'm SO SORRY!  I didn't mean to," he apologized.  He was squeezing me a bit too tightly.  I could feel some metal digging into my shoulder.  I tried to pull away, but he continued to hold me.  I think he was crying?  Such a strange ability for a robot.  

"Sunny," I had a little trouble breathing, "I'm not angry at all," Another breath, "Just warn me, ok?"  

Sunny let go and looked to the floor.

"I just don't wanna make you upset," he moped.  

He stopped for a moment, looked up and stared.

"What are you still doing in the daycare?" he asked.  Good question.

"Well, Moon told me to lay down for a nap, but I guess I slept for too long.  The MegaPlex was closed when I woke up," I explained, "I've just been waiting for one of you guys to come back.  I didn't want to go through the building."