Moon's Little Helper & Sunny's Worst Fear

A/N ))

Really excited about this one.  I went over the idea with my boyfriend the other day, and the reaction was pleasant.  I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did.

Y/N POV ))

Emmy did not seem to like Moon's best effort to get her to sleep tonight.  One would think that, after stealing Moon's special candies and scarfing them down, a child would fall asleep instantly.

For Miss Crackhead Jr., however, it didn't seem to have an effect on her at all.  She raced up and down play spaces, dodging Moon, Stacey and I as we attempt to catch her in a blanket hold.  

It was nice of Stacey to stay after for a couple of minutes, but her help seemed to be in vain.  She was just as exhausted as I was.  Moon's limbs made sharper movements the more he went on.

"Sunny was always better at tag," he said, stopping for a moment.  Emmy rushed past him with Stacey right behind her.  She and Moon crashed as Emmy made a getaway down a slide.  

"Fuck, that hurt," Stacey said, rubbing her head.

"I'm going to let that one slip," Moon remarked, putting a holographic sticker on Stacey's forehead.  

Where was I?  The ball pit.  I was unable to get out.  Emmy stopped for a moment, wondering why the game had stopped.  She steadied herself against the side of the ball pit.  Bad move, kid.

"Gotcha," I whispered as I reached out and pulled her in.  She squeaked in surprise as I hugged her.  

"Mx. Cloudy got me! No!" she yelled, faking fear for her life.  Moon turned his head towards us and descended the play space, leaving Stacey with an ice pack.  

"You know turning the lights on would've made this a little easier, right?" I told him.

"Sunny gets more time than I do with the kid.  I only thought it was fair."

So does this kid have two or three parents?

Moon pulled Emmy and I out of the ball pit with little effort.  Emmy seemed amused by it all.  The night lights around us almost made it look like she glowed.  It was terrible to think some drunken woman raised her from birth.

It was also amazing to see how little Emmy cared about her rough upbringing.  All she saw now was the love she received now.

Moon took her from my arms and put her to bed.  We made a makeshift bedroom for her out of one of the play spaces, using pillows and blankets from my room and providing her with necessities Stacey and I bought on our time off.  

Of course, we couldn't just feed her sodapop and pizza all her life.  I bought a minifridge the other day to store actual food for her.  The kitchen did not have a fridge.  

Stacey stumbled down a slide, her face landing on the plush floor.

"Ow."

"Are you drunk by chance?" I asked her.  It wouldn't be the first time.  That would be why I'm the one who drives her home every other damn day.

"No.  I accidently rammed my head into a metal plate, though," she replied, clutching her head.

Again, this would not be a first.  

"Oh, Y/N," she started.  That would be my name. "I'm bringing my dog in tomorrow.  I won him back in court, but since me and She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named don't live together anymore, I need to bring him in until I have a sitter."