Moon's Special Day

A/N )) 

Sorry for being gone for.. I don't know how long.  I hope you guys can forgive me.  Anyways, I have an original book in the making that takes priority over this, but honestly if I'm going to be famous for my writing, it might as well be for a FNAF fanfiction.  Enjoy.

Y/N POV )) 

The last of the decorations have been put up.  Stacey had taken the terrible responsibility of playing with Kevin and Emmy to keep them from telling Moon about his party.  Sunny told Moon that he would be patrolling the plaza for a lost child.  He mentioned being able to block most of his thoughts from Moon's view, so this would be a complete surprise.  

It started when a child asked Sunny when his birthday was.  Being the original model of the animatronic, his manufacturing date branded on the back of his face plate said he was "born" on the 20th of April.  In the same conversation, another child asked if Sunny knew Moon's birthday.  Being a later edition to the complete animatronic, Moon had no manufacturing date.  Emmy changed the subject, thankfully, asking Sunny about his funny shoes.  

Later on, Stacey and I both agreed that Moon should definitely have a birthday.  After Moon went away, and Sunny came about, I asked if Sunny ever kept secrets from Moon.  He giggled nervously.  

"Usually, I feel no need to, Cloudster! But," he switched to a whisper, "There are some things I would rather he not know.  What is up?" He was attempting to understand slang, once again.  

"How do you keep things from Moon when he's in your head?" I asked, not knowing if it was safe to spill the beans just yet.  

"Well, he and I share a link in code and memory.  Like our personalities, most of the code is divided between us.  In terms of memory, we share most of it as we see no need to hide it, but we prefer our privacy at times." Sunny's face plate span.  "So, what is it you feel you need to hide from our very good friend?" 

I waited a few seconds before speaking.  I debated whispering, but the person in question was technically right in front of me anyways.  

"We would like to throw a birthday party for Moon tomorrow.  A surprise party." I answered.  In response, Sunny whirred.  

"What a lovely idea!" he yelled!  

Now, the last of the preparations were almost complete.  Moon would be back any minute, most likely a bit annoyed from being sent on a goose chase.  

In recent discovery of Sunny and Moon being able to eat, I ordered a cake, frosted dark blue with yellow stars.  Sunny had to be rather secretive to get Moon's favorite flavor.  Red velvet.  Kevin was constantly relocated during repetitive attempts to steal the cake.  The dog behaved as if we starved him.  On the contrary, Emmy had been rather helpful.  To keep her and Moon busy, I sent her to be the 'lost child.' In a game of hide and seek, Moon always found her last, much to his dismay.  

Stacey was now holding Kevin in her lap with little force.  Kevin would be distracted from food if he was being given constant attention.  I could relate.  

Bells from the halls made us all freeze.  We ran behind the staff desk and ducked, waiting.  The first thing we heard was Emmy's voice.  She had been caught, silly goose.  

"Where are they?" 

Stacey hit a switch, making the nightlights in the daycare shine.  We jumped from behind the desk.

"SURPRISE"

"Surprise!"

"BWARK" 

Moon almost dropped Emmy in shock, but she remained in his arms.  He looked from me to Stacey to Kevin to Emmy.  The red LEDs in his eyes lowered in brightness.  

"If I had a heart, I'm sure it would be under attack.  What is the occasion?" he asked.  Before we could answer, Sunny must have told him because he immediately looked at us with awe.  "Birthday party?  For me?  But no one saved the date-"

Stacey interrupted, "We made a date for you.  And from now on, we shall celebrate your creation on this day forward!" 

Moon looked around at the balloons strung to the desk and many child-sized chairs.  The cake stood proud on the staff desk.  Moon walked up to the desk, his eyes not leaving the cake.  

"Is this for me?" 

I answered.  "Yep.  Sunny said you liked red velvet.  Is that correct?" 

Moon paused for a second.  

"Well, I like Red Velvet.  The cake flavor is alright, but I think I may have misunderstood the question.  I have no real favorite, but I promise you it is a delight all the same." Moon looked to the side, embarrassed.  

The next few hours were incredible.  

Seeing Moon's mouth open was a sight.  The indent of his mouth slide to the inside of his face plate as he ate a considerable amount of cake.  I feared if there would be leftovers.  Kevin also got a small amount.  A very small amount, curtesy of Moon who loved the dog.  Emmy's face was covered in blue frosting by the time she took her fifth bite.  My face might've looked the same when I was done with my plate.  

Moon seemed appalled when we told him he had gifts.  We had told the children during the day shift that it was Moon's birthday and they did not disappoint.  They left a small mountain of birthday cards, all covered in stickers, glitter and crude but cute drawings of Moon.  If he had tear ducts, I would guess he would've cried looking at them.  Kevin had brought Moon a bone that he found.  

He found a bone in the plaza.  When asked of where Kevin would have found a bone, Moon nervously hid the bone behind him and asked how our shifts had been.  

"Sunny wanted to play tag.  I think I broke something," I said, moving my index finger in a way it couldn't before.  

Stacey had gotten him a new nightlight.  It was a simple glowing moon, yet Moon seemed enchanted by it, mentioning how nice it would be if his face plate glowed like that.  She said she would ask maintenance if it was possible.

Emmy gave Moon a bracelet.  It simply said "Best" on it.  Confused whirring came from him until Emmy showed him the corresponding bracelet on her wrist, reading the word aloud, "Friend." Stacey and I couldn't but think she was adorable.  

I picked up the last gift from the table.  It was mine.  I handed it to Moon and sat down, hoping my poker face was as good as his.  He unwrapped the paper quickly.

"Storybooks.  This is lovely, Cloud," he said slowly.  I nodded and smiled. 

"I took the liberty of spreading a rumor that Moon reads the best stories during naptime.  That one blond with the sleeping issues looked especially interested." 

Moon pat my head in thanks.  Then Emmy.  Then Stacey. Then Kevin.  

He whispered thanks to Sunny.

"This has been a wonderful evening.  Thank you all for this, truly." 

We all slept on napping mats that night while Moon read the first book in his gift box, his voice calm and melodious.  

A/N ))  1207 words.  Not bad.