Downstairs

A/N ))

Never gonna give you up.  Never gonna let you down.  Never gonna run around and desert you.  Never gonna make you cry.  Never gonna say goodbye.  Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Y/N POV ))

I've never woken up before the lights came on before.  There was always some light in the daycare in the morning, so Moon could rest after going on his security patrol.  

I at least thought the night lights would be on, but no.  I'd be helping with maintenance today, fixing some of the mechanics that makes this place tick.

Having no useful knowledge of the subject, I'd just be helping with errands to get supplies and do simple procedures.  I just wish I slept for a while longer.  

From the absence of jingling, laughing or whirring mechanics, I could tell Sunny and Moon wasn't around.  It was around nine in the morning, so they should be up and about.  

I hoped they were taking the time to relax since the building would be closed until tomorrow to get all the characters in shape.  Apparently, Chica's systems were locked up.  

The halls were quiet while I made my way to the stage.  Vanessa told me it was an elevator.  I laughed at her for it, but she kept telling me the same thing.  

Freddy wandered around, looking at posters and plushies that littered the area.  I guess some cleaning bots needed attention, too.  

As I neared the stage, I could hear loud, metallic objects hit the floor.  I turned to see Roxy, facing me.  I waved at her, trying to be polite.  In return, she ran at me at full speed.  The sound rang through my ears as I froze.  I'd die in a horror film for sure.  

She didn't assault me, however.  Instead, she stopped three feet away from me, staring still.

"Who are you?" she asked.  She was most likely scanning me, seeing if I was allowed here after hours.  I waved my badge at her.  Such a neat security system.  

"Ah, you're the daycare thing," she said, relaxing herself.  I quickly stopped myself correcting her.  That didn't sound like it'd end well.  I've heard things she's done to children on her racetrack.  Gods know what she'd do to me.  

While I didn't appreciate being called 'the daycare thing,' I did appreciate that she didn't maul me upon meeting me.  I nodded.  

She playfully punched my shoulder.  Pain bloomed there immediately.  I held it as I tried to smile the pain away.  She didn't mean it.  I'd definitely have to bring it up to maintenance in case she ever did that to a kid.  

She walked away, either bruising me or broke my shoulder.  One was better than the other.  

I continued to the stage, holding my arm.  It really fucking hurt.  

I thought the abuse would stop there, but I was quickly corrected after having my eyes tortured within the bright hologram that held centerstage.  

I hit the button and nearly lost my balance when being lowered belowground.  Bright light was replaced with soothing dimness.  Cable and gears screeched, desperately needing lubrication before they corroded into something more dangerous.  

When I reached the bottom, no one was there waiting for me.  I kept walking until I was met with a see-through chamber where Chica lay.  She was motionless, her eyes dark.  Her body was shining as if she was just cleaned.  

"Am I supposed to do this myself?" I asked nobody, looking at the mechanisms around her.  I looked to the computer just to the right of the thing.  I turned it on.