Pronouns

I woke up to tiny Music Man jumping around inches from my face.  He inspected my face as if he was surprised his commotion woke me up.  

"Goodmorning, little dude," I greeted him affectionately.  He trilled like a small whistle and dashed to his vent, ready to start the day.

Unlike him, who only needed a greeting to be ready, I sat up and slowly fixed my hair.  My pajamas were in the company washer, so I put on something else.  I found some dress pants and a nice shirt with stars on it.  Neat.

I also put on some grippy socks.  Most of the spaces in the daycare didn't allow shoes, so I had to be prepared in case I had to chase a kid.  Or if I wanted to use the twisty slide.

Apparently, I woke up before Sunny and Moon.  The daycare was quiet as the lights flickered on.  

I greeted one of the desk employees as she walked in.  She looked like she needed coffee.  

We talked, waiting for Sunny and the children to arrive.  The employee told me it was strange for Sunny not to be around, doing some last-minute cleaning.  I agreed. 

 The employee froze and looked past me.  I followed her gaze.

Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear.  

"Goodmorning, Cloudy.  Hello, Stacy," he said, waving.  Even with his bright smile plastered on his face, Sunny looked... tired.

Stacey looked at him, worried.

"You going to be okay, Sundrop?" she asked.  

Sunny tilted his head to the side.

"Why wouldn't I be?  I'm always 'okay' as you say it!"

No one believed him.  I didn't know robots could lie.  Either way, he was really bad at it.  

I peaked at the list on the desk.  There weren't going to be a lot of kids showing up today.  Maybe 13 or 14 at most.  This was good.  No one needed the daycare's main man overwhelmed on what I could assume was a bad day for him.

"Did you sleep okay?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.  

Sunny paused.  His fingers caught in the ribbons while he played with the bells. 

"Moon and I were talking a lot last night.  That is all."  His voice wasn't as bright as it was usually.  "He was pretty upset with me..."

Me and Stacey leaned in, curious.

Sunny whispered, barely loud enough for us to hear.

"I was playing with glitter glue last night, but the lights went out.  He was covered in orange glitter and wasn't happy about it."

Stacey might've been able to hold it in, but I couldn't stop from laughing.  It was hard to breathe.

"Stacey, why are you purple?  People aren't meant to be purple!" he yelled in worry.  Stacey burst into tears, laughing.

"I'm so sorry, Sunny, but I tell Moon I bet he looked lovely, all sparkly n' shit!" 

Sunny was not amused.

"Foul language is prohibited in the daycare!" he declared loudly as he picked me up off the ground and put me in a corner.  I heard Stacey laugh as she checked the names of children as they came in.

"You'll be in time out for about five minutes.  This is a warning, Y/N!" he growled at me.  He used my real name, too.  He must be mad.

"I'm sorry, Sunny.  I promise not to do it again."  I tried to make amends.  I can't have him be mad at me.