A Night In My Story

Y/N

The night grew darker and colder as hours passed, my eyes could not; would not close. I only sunk into my bed further and more into my ivory bed, I laid still dreaming with my eyes open. Embraced within the pale moonlight that filled the starry sky, where every star had a unique story of its own.

I felt its shimmering hands holding me within its eyes, the moon kissed my fair skin and I found myself taken aback eternally flowing in its brilliant everlasting glow and the desert was now illuminated with this brilliant light. My eyes could not pull away from the moon-- I was entranced, so much so that my body seemed to lift itself up and make its way to the window. I remained etched on the moon and stood there, simply enjoying its embrace. 

Before I could make my way back to my ivory bed,  far within the distance in the sheer darkness, the covered the only section the moon did not touch I spotted a darkened silhouette, elegantly clothed in blue and white, around his neck a beautiful gold necklace with stones even more beautiful, and atop his head a grand headdress that of which looked ever so regal. Something I have only heard of high ranking priest wearing in those times, it was said to symbolize power and authority.

As I watched, the man had a very stern glance across his face; his piercing eyes alone made my chest hurt and before I knew it a very sharp pain struck my chest. My body was paralyzed in mere moments, but only physically and mentally, my brain and all its function drifted off into oblivion. My eyes remained stuck on the figure in mere seconds and my body  began to give out and I felt myself falling, falling, falling, until finally my back hit a cold floor and I was knocked unconscious. I felt nearly weightless as I fell deeper into my slumber. 

Moments passed and strong hands grasped my cold body in a warm embrace as if to protect me, I continued to fight with my sleep until I could no longer hold on and just like that, as quick as I caught a blurry sight of my savior, I saw his smile and I felt at peace but before I knew it he quickly vanished and I lost my battle to stay awake and fading and fading ever so still in a vast sea of stars; I continued to fall until my body touched a cold floor and I laid still --- As a beating drum.

When I finally came to, I glanced around unaware of where I was now. My eyes readjusted  and I realized I was locked in a dark, cold, earie stone prison. In my attempt to make light of my situation -- I found their was no way out, just a way in.

It wasn't very long before I noticed that this dungeon was far beneath the palace, the same palace I was in the first time, except this time I was locked up for reasons I didn't know or had any recollection of. This was the type of prison used in ancient times to keep traitors of the empire, people who rebelled against the pharaohs locked away until the time came for their untimely demise. Thieves and beggars were often brought here for "disturbing the peace with their petty pleas". Moments passed and all I can do is sit there, afraid, confused, unaware of what was going on around me outside, soon enough my eyes adjusted to the never-ending darkness that surrounded me. I now was trapped within the depths of my mindscape in a place that is very unfamiliar to me.

After getting up back on my feet to explore, I nearly tripped on my clothing my eyes looked down to my feet only to see that I was now wearing beautiful gold sandals and I no longer had my silk nightgown, instead in its place was probably the most beautiful gown I have ever seen. A sheer white gown now stood in the place of my nightgown, gold trimmed adorned it from top to bottom, around my waist a gold sash held my gown together and embedded within the sash, the most beautiful and the most regal embroidery. Placing my hand on my neck, I touched a shimmering, golden necklace decorated with rubies and sapphires, emeralds, and gold pieces. My arms were adorned with gold bands , bangles and atop my head a headdress fit for a goddess.