𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

❝ 𝐀 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚

❝ 𝐀 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚  ❝

███████████████████████████

"Why must you make such a disastrous choice, Elle?"

On the other side of the deserted pavement, Eleanor pants in between exhausted breaths when she was sent across of the wall that is now destroyed by the impact of her hard body. Not that it hurts, it was just difficult to fight someone she's used to fight alongside with, not against.

"I don't want to hurt you, Demetri." Eleanor states flatly, refused to show any sign of hurtful glance in her voice but her actions says otherwise. The way she rises, wrist shattered that slowly healed and is why her eyes were dark. She hasn't fed since she went to Seattle but now she's in Vancouver, she didn't exactly know why she stayed close.

"Me neither." Demetri shrugs, a painful tug in his undead heart that he didn't want to acknowledge. But his smug face and cold exterior were rendered a façade, eyes held a different story to what he claims. "But on the other hand, I am tasked to kill you for doing a terrible job of what you cannot do."

"Aro expected I could not." Eleanor scoffs lightly, shaking her head. Afterall, it's been only three days since she left Forks, three days since she decided not to harm Carlisle's family and Atlas along with it.

"Indeed."

"Don't do this."

"I have to."

Eleanor quickly evades him, ducking long enough as Demetri went in full speed towards her, a dash not mere mortal eyes could have seen by how fast the pair duels in the empty street. The night dark, Eleanor's purely white and snow-like hair flew aback when she skids backwards on her shoes, eyes glancing upwards quickly and sees hesitation in Demetri's eyes in front of her.

If her reason to keep living had moved on, why must she keep fighting for it?

Perhaps she only yearned a clarity of living for herself this time a chance. Not only for Atlas, for herself only. Eleanor lived for someone and now she had the opportunity to live for her own accords, she willed to take it but something holds her back.

Living for an eternity with no one by your side is such a lonely decision.

"I apologize for making you." Eleanor mutters, rising on her feet, weak and crooked smile on her lips that made Demetri swallow harshly, his fist clenched on his side. "You must hate me. I assume you do. It's the right choice to feel, isn't it?" She states calmly, a heartfelt tone.