Chapter 8

Flora ran to the Parasselle bridge and screamed her life out. Who did Josephine think she was. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" she screamed some more in pain.
     "Flora" Georg shouted as soon as he found her. She had ran out of the hall crying.
     She turned and faced Georg "Am I lnot good enough?" She wailed.
     Georg walked up to her and pulled her close to himself "It's okay, don't cry" he consoled.
     "Am I?" Flora asked as she let her tears pour on his sweatshirt "When will Isaac ever notice me".
     So this was what it was about. Isaac."Don't tell me you're bothered about that dumbass" he said.
     She pulled herself away and wiped the tears away from her eyes "He's not a dumbass"
     That sentence hurt Georg to the core. It wasn't like he liked Flora or something. It was just that he hated the fact that she enjoyed lying to herself. He pulled her hair hard "Look, pull yourself together" he said.
     "I'm still going to give her a piece of my mind" Flora said rubbing her head in pain.
     Georg didn't know who she had in mind. He just hoped she wouldn't cause havoc. An uncontrollable Flora equalled chaos. He shriveled at the thought of it.

     "Ivana" Isaac called his little sister. She came running to him "Let's rub minds" he said.
     She sighed "What is it this time" she asked but quickly added "If you want me to do a duet with you, you'll pay" she said.
     "Flora's birthday is coming up first week of May" he said.
     Ivana laughed hard "3rd of May, you dummy".
     Isaac laughed too "I didn't forget, mind you" he said.
     "So what exactly do we play?" Ivana asked.
     "I was thinking... Uh... Uh..." He said trying to choose from the various varieties in his mind.
     Ivana went to the kitchen. She came back with a bottle of water and two plastic cups "Let's just go with Nocturne Opus 9, No 2" she said as she poured him a cup of water.
     Isaac placed his hand on his chin "That's an easy piece, I was thinking Chopin's Étude" he said.
     "Think outside the box Isaac Smith"  Ivana said as she handed the cup to him "I chose that piece because it's easy and maybe Josephine could accompany you".
     He laughed "So you're still thinking about her huh"
     "I doubt I'll ever forget her" Ivana said as she sipped from her cup.
     He sighed "She played like such an angel. I wonder why she plays?" He said absentmindedly.
     "Why don't you ask her?" Ivana suggested.

     Lori barged into her daughter's room. Different scores were scattered around.
    In short, her room was a mess.
    "Josephine!!!" Lori said as she placed a hand over her nose.
    Josephine grabbed a file "Found it" she screamed as she placed it above her head.
    "Josephine, your room is a mess" then she stared at the file "Is that my old extract of my Saint-Saën's Symphony No 3, you little thief" she asked.
    Her daughter smiled "It's been in my custody for the past two years" she said with a wide grin.
   Lori laughed "I see. That's the piece you want to play for the first stage" she said.
    "Why am I so predictable when it comes to you mom" Josephine said as she stood up.
     Lori laughed again "I gave birth to you, trained you and I'm still training you"
     Josephine took a deep breath. She thought she heard her stomach rumble."I'm hungry and that's all that matters. Do you have any spare chicken broth I can eat with Noodles?"
    Her father barged in the same way his wife did "Phew" he exclaimed "I've finally found my wife, mind if you cook up some noodles for me?" He asked.
    Josephine turned to her mother and her mother stared at her. They both burst out laughing.
    Reuben was puzzled. "What's going on?" He asked.
    "Let's just go the kitchen together" Lori said.
    "Hiya captain" Josephine said and dropped the file on her bed.