chapter 26

hours later we landed in chicago and the next thing i knew, dean was dragging me out of the plane. "can't i just sit down for two seconds?" i asked as dean was dragging me through the airport.

"when we get in the cab, you can. we're already running late c'mon." i rubbed the tired out of my eyes and the humid illinois air hit me as soon as we stepped outside.

soon enough we found our cab and our drive began back to dean's house. a couple hours went by, but soon enough we were there.

i hopped out of the cab with him and walked over to him. he stood taller than me, making me have to look up at him.

as my hands were held at my side, he grabbed the both of them and looked down at his shoes. he shook his head as a smirk was held on his face.

"what am i going to do without you?" he asked me as he picked his head back up. a small blush arose to my face and i shrugged my shoulders.

"i don't live too far, don't worry." as i stared at him, he stared right back at me with his light brown eyes. the eyes that could make me fall in love too quickly.

he suddenly engulfed me in a warm hug. i didn't want to let go of him, ever. i wanted to walk around the streets of his hometown and learn even more about the boy.

we both pulled away from the hug and there were small tears on the edge of my eyes. "goodbye dean." i smiled at him once more before starting to walk away.

though before i could get too far, he grabbed ahold of my hand. "this isn't goodbye mymy. it's just a 'see you later.'"

he pulled me in once again and kissed me. i would have done anything to stay in that moment for nearly forever.

i got back in the cab and looked at dean through the window as he stood there with his luggage. i waved at him as the car slowly pulled away from his home.

a small sigh left my lips as i could no longer see the boy who made me fall in love with him. the taxi driver looked back in his rear view mirror at me.

"have a good trip in cali ma'am?" he asked as he made a turn to begin my journey home. a smile arose on my face and i looked at him through the rear view mirror.

"oh yeah," i began as i looked out the window. "something i'll never forget." a sufficient nod was given to me by the man.

as we drove for hours on end, i wondered where life would take me next. there were so many thoughts racing through my mind.

would i ever see dean again?

will i hear from my friends i made this past summer?

but most importantly i thought,

what was in store for me?

though i knew that this was only the beginning of a long journey.